Description of App
With Chess-wise 3 you can play chess, analyse games, annotate game notations, play online, solve exercises, watch training videos and much more.
- Games are represented as trees, so they can have side-lines. This means when analysing moves, this will not anymore overwrite the moves of the main game
- On the new annotation screen, you can add comments and !! - or ?? to the moves
- The communication with the FICS server has been complete rewritten and is now much more stable
- The FICS interface has more features (support for multiple accounts, iMessage-like chatting, friend list)
- Improved database (re-order games in a PGN file) and setup screen (move pieces on the board)
- Landscape views for the opening and endgame browser, showing the possible moves next to the board
- Over 250 links to free training videos
- Separate screen to select the pieces orientation, when playing with 2 players
- Help file with tutorial for each major use case
Each screen has been re-designed to give a better user experience, focussing on the main actions that people want to do on that screen.
Any suggestions for further improvements (as well as bug reports) are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
VoiceOver accessibility appears to be flawless.
This is the first truly accessible chess app I've been able to find. The others I've tried all had totally inaccessible chess boards, so it was impossible to play. This app has a wonderfully accessible board, and the video I watched about how the king can move was narrated so well that I could completely follow along and learn what was being taught.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
This is a great app for playing chess, and is completely accessible with voice-over.
I do have a few constructive criticisms, though,
Firstly, the developer could consider adding a tone or other sound effect when trying to move a peace to a wrong square as having to go back and re-select the piece to move is quite annoying.
I also wonder if the developer could incorporate a voice-over gesture to read out the last move made as having to go back to the top of the screen to find this information can be annoying as well.
I use this app on occasion. Another one that you might look at is Shredder Chess. There is a free version, but the paid one gives you more features and is worth the money. Reasons: There is a setting that will have the app adjust it's playing strength to match yours. If you win, it will play a stronger game next time, if you are beaten, it will play a bit weaker next time. You can also have the app give you an estimate of your strength. The skill settings range from an ELO rating of 850 (very novice) to 2,600 (you might as well forget it). Although this app is only you against Shredder, it is excellent and it does work with Voice-Over. You enter the moves by double tapping where you want to move from, then where you want to move to. The app's move is spoken when made, and you can also find it easily on the screen. By the way, both of these apps will work using iOs 11.4 on an iPhone 8 plus with no trouble.
I have also used Shredder without problems. Good app.
When I searched the App Store for the light version of the Shredder Chess app, I couldn’t find it, only the paid version.
Hi all, I am intersting in Chess game, but I can't find on the App Store. I have trayed Chess-wise withthe many variation and I have tryed to press on the link to app. I am geting "the message:" can't connect to App Store":". Other apps working and this is not. I am use iOs 15, with iPhone 12 Mini.
The App Store link works for me here in the US. Perhaps the app is not available in your country?