Ancient Board Game Collection
Description of App
Have you ever heard of Hnefatafl, a game played during the Viking Age? Or Latrunculi, popular over 2000 years ago in ancient Rome? Discover these games and many more in the "Ancient Board Game Collection".
- 9 different games: Konane, Hnefatafl, Nine Men's Morris, Dablot Prejjesne, Gomoku, Halatafl, Latrunculi, Five Field Kono and Bagh-Chal
- Play online against your friends or compete with via Game Center
- Local Multiplayer on a single device
- Step up your game by playing against the AI
- Fully Accessible via VoiceOver and Voice Control
- More Games will be added in future updates
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
As with all of Klemen's previous games VOiceOver support is excellent. When you're playing a game some extra options will appear on the rotor allowing you to quickly navigate through various game pieces or valid move locations on the board
The game selection in this app is very unique and I personally haven't heard of any of these before. Fortunately, every game has rules included in the app which also go into some background information about the origins of the game.
There's also some very atmospheric music in the main menu as well as sound effects and haptics whenever pieces are moved around the boards, making it feel much more like you're really interacting with a physical game board.
Developer's Twitter Username
5 people have recommended this app
Thanks Piotr for this!
I'm gonna take a peak into here every couple of days, so if any of you have any questions or problems, let me know and I'll try to help!
I love that there is a Swedish translation. Though I found one error. "Dismiss" is "avfärda" and not "avskeda".
I will be getting the upgrade on Friday and have learned one of them and played my sister. I am proud to say I won! Three times.