Description of App
From iTunes App Store:
Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- Streamed over wifi
- Directly from your computer (Mac or PC)
❛Can these guys do no wrong? Seriously, if only other app devs knew how to make apps as well as these guys, the world would be a better place. Or at least my device would be less buggy. I was just watching a Full HD copy of Avatar Extended Edition being streamed from my PC on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation
and it looked and played amazingly.❜
This is a free version of VLC Streamer which is supported by adverts.
VLC Streamer uses the power of VLC to stream your movies to your device. You can watch anything from your movie collection. No need for complex conversion
processes. No need to manually transfer movies to your device.
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the
free version of this application first.
- Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Supports Mac OS 10.5 and above
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to Browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
Response to feedback
If you do have any problems streaming movies, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.
- VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM.
- VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: This is a media streaming app that as far as I can tell is completely accessible. The interface on my iOS device is very well labeled. The companion application at least for Windows is accessible. However, I haven't actually managed to stream music from my PC yet, but that's my laptop's problem. Please comment if you face problems in actual streaming and I'll update the accessibility status.
There is a paid version as well.