Description of App
From the app description:
TVPlayer lets you watch over 65 Live TV channels on your iPhone, iPad and AppleTV for free. Try TVPlayer Plus to access 30 premium channels.
New TVPlayer Plus Channels - 1 month trial, then £4.99 per month:
Discovery, History, National Geographic, GOLD**, Comedy Central, MTV, Comedy Central Extra, Eurosport 1 and 2*, Crime + Investigation, Watch**, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Sony Movie Channel, TLC, Lifetime, Eden**, Discovery Turbo, Cartoon Network, Good Food**, Alibi**, Sony Entertainment, H2, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, Boomerang, Baby TV and Cartoonito
Watch live TV from many of the UK’s most popular channels:
- Entertainment: BBC One, BBC Two, ITV 1, Channel 4, FIVE, Dave, Really, Yesterday, Drama, BBC Four, 4Music, Food Network, Travel Channel and Home
- Music: Kiss, Kerrang!, The BOX, Smashhits, Magic, Heat, Capital, Heart, NOW, Planet Pop, Clubland and Channel AKA
- Kids: CBBC and CBeebies
- Lifestyle: Fashion TV, QVC, QVC Style, QVC Beauty and QVC Extra
- News: BBC News, Russia Today, Al Jazeera and Euro News
- Desi: Sony SAB, Colors and Rishtey, Zing and aaj tak
- Religious: Revelation TV and UCBTV
More channels coming throughout the summer!
TVPlayer offers you the following great features:
- Free to use
- Now and Next to see what’s on
- Programme descriptions
- Browse channels within the player whilst watching another channel
- Fully optimised adaptive streaming
- All channels are available on Wi-Fi: some channels are also available on 3G and 4G
The iPad version gives you a full TV Guide, the ability to watch whilst you browse what’s on other channels and set reminders for your favourite shows.
TVPlayer is available to individuals in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to TVPlayer Plus for:
- 30 premium channels (Discovery, History, National Geographic, GOLD**, Comedy Central, MTV, Comedy Central Extra, Eurosport 1 and 2*, Crime + Investigation, Watch**, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Sony Movie Channel, TLC, Lifetime, Eden**, Discovery Turbo, Cartoon Network, Good Food**, Alibi**, Sony Entertainment, H2, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, Boomerang, Baby TV and Cartoonito)
- over 100 hours of premium catchup per week
- no contract
Get your monthly TVPlayer Plus subscription through the app. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. The subscription renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and you will be charged for one month at a time. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Price: UK: £4.99 per month.
*Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 are excluded from the free trial.
**Channels are not available on AppleTV (GOLD, Watch, Eden, Home, Dave, Yesterday, Really, Drama, Good Food, Alibi).
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
It works pretty well other than occasionally dismissing adds. Also, the tv guide feature of the app isn't very intuitive in my opinion.
It works well. the only downside to this app are the adds. when one loads a tv channel, an add pops up which may be a little difficult at times to dismiss. Other than that, works well. Also, the tv guide feature in my opinion isn't very intuitive. But other than that, works quite well and I like it!
2 people have recommended this app
Really wishing this was available in the US Store.
I got the TV player on my iPhone but I can't get the video controls once I start listening to a programme. I have tried everything tapping around the screen corners top and bottom and all over but I cant get video to close or bring any options up.
I am using iPhone 7.