Description of App
Max is the one to watch for HBO, hit series, films, reality, and more.
It’s all here. Iconic series, award-winning movies, fresh originals, and family favorites, featuring the worlds of Harry Potter, the DC Universe, and HBO. Discover the best entertainment for every mood. Introducing Max – the one to watch.
With Max you'll get:
• Unlimited access to thousands of TV shows and movies.
• A deep library of brands and studios like HBO, Harry Potter, HGTV, TLC, Magnolia Network, Food Network, and Adult Swim.
• The largest streaming library of the DC Universe shows and movies.
• Hundreds of original series from HBO and Max.
• Award-winning shows and movies that everyone's talking about like the HBO Original series The Last of Us, Succession, The White Lotus, House of the Dragon, and more.
• Iconic favorite TV shows like Friends, South Park, Rick and Morty, 90-Day Fiancé, Fixer Upper, Beat Bobby Flay, House Hunters, Sesame Street, Looney Tunes, and more.
• Family-friendly entertainment for the whole household.
• Fascinating documentaries and unscripted series.
• Enjoy your favorite shows and movies at home or on-the-go. Max is available on TV, web browser, mobile, tablet, and gaming console devices. Visit max.com for a complete list of supported devices.
• Browse or search with ease across HBO, movies, series, genres, and brands.
• Download shows and movies you love to watch on-the-go with select plans. (Download limits vary by subscription plan.)
• Personalized profiles for the entire family with customizable ratings, profile PIN protection, and kid-proof exit.
• Pick up episodes and movies where you left off across your favorite devices.
• Keep up with everything you love, all in one place with My Stuff.
• Watch on multiple devices at the same time. (Limits vary by subscription plan.)
• Stream with high quality video and surround sound on select plans.
Your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current price of your plan unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the renewal. Your App Store account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can manage or cancel your subscription by visiting the App Store app or Subscriptions under Settings on your Apple device after purchase.
Purposes disclosed in the App Privacy label may vary based on features or services that may not be available in all regions. Max is currently only available in the U.S.
For help, please visit our Customer Help Center: help.max.com
This is certainly useable though far from perfect. When swiping through the list of shows and movies, there is a weird tag which appears to be a jumble of letters and numbers. when playing content, I found it difficult to consistently bring up the playback controls when double tapping on the video button. Further, when you do manage to get the playback controls to load, swiping all the way to the right should reveal current playback progress which is suppose to be a slider to adjust. However, this doesn't appear to be recognize as such with VO.
Moreover, I can tell that there are status sections for certain things like close captioning, and AD, however these statuses are not being read by VO.
Beyond this, the app is certainly alright if you are willing to put up with these headaches. I am happy to report that the app appears to be much more snappier than the original HBO max app and much less resource intensive.