Description of App:
The new ABC Radio App gives you access to over 19 radio stations from the ABC. Optimised to deliver fast and easy access to your favourite ABC radio stations, the ABC Radio App also offers track or program information; weekly online schedules; automatic bookmarking of stations; and sharing on Facebook, Twitter or via email.The ABC Radio App lets you listen to ABC Radio anywhere, anytime; stations include:ABC Local Radio, including 891 ABC Adelaide, 612 ABC Brisbane,666 ABC Canberra, 105.7 ABC Darwin, 91.7 ABC Gold Coast, 936 ABC Hobart, 774 ABC Melbourne, 1233 ABC Newcastle, 720 ABC Perth, 702 ABC SydneyABC Radio NationalABC Classic FMABC NewsRadioABC Grandstandtriple jtriple j UnearthedABC Dig MusicABC JazzABC CountrySpecial event stations – e.g. Emergency broadcasts, festivals, speeches and addresses, celebrations and commemorations, big unfolding stories and small conferences discussing big ideas.These are all the ABC Radio stations that are currently streamed online. When new ABC Local Radio streams are created they will appear in the app and this will be announced by the ABC Local Station concerned.Technical details:The fully native app is built for speed. Compatible with iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S), iPod touch and iPad. The App is designed for devices running iOS 4.0 and above.Data consumption:The app streams HLS over AAC+ at 64kbps, which uses about 29MB/hour.Note: You are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.What's New in Version 1.1
- Improved VoiceOver accessibility for our vision impaired audience.
- A sleep timer so you can go to sleep listening to your favourite ABC Radio program.
- The program guide will now adjust to your timezone, rather than being fixed to the station's timezone.
- A message will tell you if there is no WIFI or mobile data network connection available.
- Bug fixes, including: fixing a problem when unplugging a headphone etc from the headphone mini-jack; and making images easier to update when a presenter changes.
- Extra monitoring to help diagnose and improve the streaming experience on the mobile network.