Description of App
From iTunes App Store:
"Exoplanet" is a daily updated database of all discovered extrasolar planets.
- Database with physical parameters of every known exoplanet.
- Interactive visualisations and animations accommodate the scientific information.
- Interactive 3D plot shows the position of all exoplanets in our Milky Way. You can zoom into any planetary system.
- Push notifications are sent out whenever a new planet is discovered.
- Interactive multi-touch correlation plots.
- Extensive background information on exoplanets and detection methods.
- Direct links to over 50.000 scientific publications
Feel free to send any comments and suggestions to email@example.com
You can also follow exoplanet announcements and updates on http://twitter.com/ExoplanetApp
- Physical properties of all detected exo-planets and their host stars, updated on a daily basis
- Links to over 50.000 scientific publications (via NASA ADS)
- Easily search and filter the database
- Real telescope images of the host star
- Visualisations of the orbits and the habitable zone
- Interactive 3D size comparison to planets of our own solar system
- Animation of the detection method (radial velocity/transit)
- Sky charts of the planet's position in the night sky including constellations
- 3D visualisation of the position of all exoplanets in the galactic coordinate system
- Animations of the orbital motion of all planetary systems
- Correlation diagrams can be created on the fly
- Full compatibility with iOS 4 and iPhone4
- Backwards compatible to iOS 3.1.3
- High resolution graphics for the iPhone4's Retina display
- Push notifications (can be turned off at any time in the Settings App)
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: All information available as text is readable and all controls are clearly labeled. There are a couple of buttons for every planet that seem to be confusing, but as far as I can tell, they are for graphics. VoiceOver may have some hickups in reading the beginning of every planet entry. That's because of animation.
0 people have recommended this app