Alon Dictaphone-Voice Recorder
Description of App
ALON Dictaphone is the professional audio voice dictation app for those who want the highest quality dictation and audio recording device available.
You can use ALON Dictaphone to dictate notes and memos quickly as well as record meeting, lecture, interview, and day-to-day sounds using your phone’s microphone. Time to free up your hands and get rid of the traditional notepad! Ditch your notebook and start audio recording everything you need, from a to-do list to a critical memo.
In addition, you can share your entire meeting and lecture notes with anyone. It's super quick and easy to start sharing your audio recording with your friends, family, classmates and co-workers.
• Highest quality recordings (up to 48000 Hz/320kbps)
• MP3, WAV formats all dictation and note taking
• Edit options: Append, Trim, Cut, Overwrite, Insert, combine recordings
• Stereo support
• External microphone support
• iTunes file sharing
• Uploading recordings to Dropbox, SoundCloud, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, SharePoint, YouTube, Box, Evernote, FTP/HTTP/WebDAV servers
• Adjust microphone gain sensitivity
• Background sound recording and playback at different speeds (x0.5, x0.8, x1,...)
• Option for auto-syncing audio recordings with Dropbox
• Sync audio recordings, audio bookmarks and preferences with iCloud
• Bookmarks(Time, Photo, Text note)
• Sort audio recordings (by their name, by duration, by size, by date creation, and by type)
• Bluetooth and external headset support
• Import recordings from other applications (which support such option)
• Export recordings to other applications (which support such option)
• Record/Playback when your device is in a sleep mode
• Pauses automatically on incoming phone calls
• Playback/record timer
• Fast forward/rewind
• Simple editing with audio bookmarking
• Opportunity to create a play route from the bookmarks
• Voice activated recording - stop recording during silence
• Send or delete multiple recordings at a time
• Categorize and sort recordings
• Adjust playback speed
• And more...
There is a comprehensive help manual in the app that describes and walks through all of the application's features.
When you need an audio recording, you can use ALON Dictaphone to record and share meeting notes, class lectures, or even the sound of ocean waves crashing. Use your voice to dictate notes, memos, and to do lists. No more fussing with a notepad and taking notes by hand!
ALON Dictaphone brings high quality audio voice recording to the palm of your hand, enabling you to dictate all your notes and memos. Download ALON Dictaphone today and get free upgrades in the future!
This application is not for recording phone calls!
ALON Software would love to hear your suggestions & feedback on how to improve our Audio Voice Dictation Recorder! Please continue to send questions, suggestions and ideas to http://alonsoftware.com/support.php. Visit us at http://www.alonsoftware.com/dictaphone_apple.php to learn more.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
this app is great for recording any kind of audio. the latest version even includes the VoiceOver actions rotor. You can even record sounds from other apps while in background. The developer is very responsive, and cares about accessibility. if you have any questions or accessibility comments, please email: email@example.com
2 people have recommended this app
With its exemplary accessibility, Alon Dictaphone-Voice Recorder has been my go-to app for recording MP3 and uncompressed audio files over the past few years, but the latest update with its Rotor options has taken accessibility to a new and exciting level. Quite interestingly, Alon Dictaphone-Voice Recorder was also an accessible audio recorder app for the Symbian S60 OS on Nokia phones -- maybe the same developers work on the iOS flavor. Kudos to its developers.
Hi! A couple questions: can you arrange the audio files in multiple folders and audio bookmarks really interest me, is anyone willing to give a short explanation on how they work? For example in the app description its says it can record other apps in the background, lets say I'm listening to a podcast, can I do a double tap to make a audio bookmark in multiple places and ALON will save the places I tapped on.
And, Thanks for posting this app entry.
it was mentioned in the description that it tsupports stario, I am wondering is that about external mics or it supports stario when recording from the iPhone?
To the previous poster that mentioned bookmarks, I have not tryed that myself, but please email the developer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next, the stereo recording only works with external microphones, such as the Ambeo Smart headset, and other lightning stereo mics, like the Shure MV88.
The next update will include low-pass filter to cut out all of the background noise while recording audio.
One great feature I love about this recorder, unlike other recording apps I've tested, is voice activated recording. I have the threshold set to 50%, so it only records when voice is detected, and pauses when no voice is herd. excellent feature, especially when it comes to dictating notes, or whatever. it reminds me of the VCVA setting in the Olympus digital recorder I used to own, the DS-30. great feature!! it does the same thing as this. So glad the developer added this, while continuing to make the interface accessible for all users.
I should also mention that I was apart of the beta, testing the feature and sharing feedback with the developer, and he responded and took my feedback into consideration, and, well, what do you know, it work, feature added!!
Will it work with iPhone 6 i.e. 12.4.5?
Would appreciate a podcast from any users or an explanation!
I'll do a podcast in the future.