Description of App:
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification
requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback
within the community.
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
With only 2 buttons, 1 to take the photo and 1 to go to the About page, this is about as simple to use as things can get. However, please note that there is a monthly subscription to use this service.