AppleVis Unleashed October 2019: Bring on the Grill Cheese Pro and the Apple Skin Tags
In this month's edition of AppleVis Unleashed, Thomas Domville, Randy Rusnak, and Mike Malarsie discuss recent Apple news and other topics of interest. Topics featured in this podcast include:
- Apple Releases iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2; Bringing Many Bug Fixes for Blind and Low Vision Users
- The New Features, Changes, Improvements, and Bugs in macOS Catalina for Blind and Low Vision Users
- If Catalyst Apps Are the Future of Mac Software, the Future Currently Doesn't Look Too Bright for VoiceOver Users
- Apple (probably) isn't holding an October event after all
- AirPods Pro: Everything you need to know!
- Kuo: New iPad Pro and iPhone SE 2 in early 2020, followed by Apple AR headset collaboration with 'third-party brands'
- Kuo: MacBooks will swap over to a scissor mechanism keyboard in 2020
- Apple TV+ Series Review Roundup: The Morning Show, See, Dickinson, and For All Mankind
- Apple schedules fiscal Q4 2019 earnings release for October 30th
- Supreme Court allows blind people to sue retailers if their websites are not accessible
- Google Maps rolls out detailed voice guidance for people with impaired vision
- How to add hourly Taptic Chime alerts to Apple Watch
You can contact the Unleashed Team with feedback or questions at email@example.com
Well nice people this morning, I restarted my iPhone XS which is using iOS unlucky 13,2 and he disappear, I use siri male as my default voiceover but now siri female is default and he is not even in the rodar. I even went to accessibility and voiceover and speech and selected male siri and it shows it is selected but the voice does not work. Also regarding accessibility and the Supreme Court. There are many webpages that for years had not been accessible and has not responded to request by the blind community. Now at lease they are aware and have the opportunity to address this issues. Making light of the issue and saying that now everybody will be suing companies is not taking the issue seriously.
Well this is very strange after 10 minutes or more, I went to check on the rotor just to see and he is back. Before I turn VO off and on she show up. I looks like it was fix. I am crossing my finger. Strange. I wander will happen when I restart my iPhone. October 31 is not here yet and I already having ghost.
I wanted to try the UK siri male voice to see if it's changed at all but I can't seam to download it.
I'm using the US Siri voice and it's great!
Haha, IPhone ghosts are scary :p