Hi all I have some good news if you want to use Windows on your mac using VMWare Fusion. I can now tell you how to re-map one of the keys on your mac keyboard so it becomes an insert key. Here we go.
- Open Fusion.
- Press command-comma to open preferences.
- Interact with the toolbar and click on keyboard and mouse button.
- Stop interacting with the toolbar and click on the keymap tab. Skip this step if this tab is selected.
- Check the enable keymap check box. Optionally check or uncheck the enable language specific keys.
- Click the add button. Visually this looks like a plus.
- In the from combo box type a key such as the grave key usually to the left of the number 1 key on the numbers row. Note For some reason VoiceOver may call it backslash. Please disregard this.
- In the to combo box, press vo-space; a list of keys should appear. Arrow to insert, then stop interacting twice. Ignore any erroneous keys VoiceOver may announce such as up. The end result should be that the to combo box is set to insert.
- Click the ok button.
- Interact with the table and make sure the key you added is selected.
- Close Preferences with command-w.