Hello Applevis Members and Editorial Team,
I would like to propose to the Applevis Editorial Team that we implement the Applevis Accessibility Advocacy Assistant (AAAA). The purpose of this assistant would be to enable Applevis members to easily and quickly contact an app's developer to advocate for VoiceOver accessibility and to track the results of advocacy efforts.
AAAA would work as follows:
1. A logged-in Applevis member accesses an app listing in either the iOS or Mac app directory.
2. She presses a button to begin the advocacy process.
3. The member enters one or more email addresses that may lead to contact with the app's developer, depending on the contact information that developer makes publicly available.
4. She creates an initial request that asks the developer to make the app VoiceOver accessible, improve its accessibility or correct accessibility issues. The Applevis accessibility advocacy template is pre-loaded to make this request easier to compose.
5. The request is submitted.
6. Applevis sends an email to the developer(s) that includes a tracking number in the subject.
7. When the dev replies to the email, that reply goes back into the original case.
8. At this point, other Applevis members may create relevant internal notes within the case. The submitting member, or any member of the Applevis Editorial Team, may reply to or continue emailing, the developer.
I hope this proposal helps. Unfortunately, I am not a software developer, and my time is severely limited nowadays, but I would be happy to help with the conceptualizing and testing of AAAA and, of course, I would use it from time to time. :-)