New GIF app for the blind and visually impaired
I've just released a new app called assistEyes GIF. It is a fully accessible GIF app, all content includes tags that are available to VoiceOver and you can share out GIFs directly from the app or inside the iOS Messages app via an included iMessage extension app.
I created this app to address an issue I was having myself, not knowing what the content of GIFs in all the existing GIF apps was, but hopefully some other folks find it useful.
Do let me know if you have any feedback.
I want to try to send a GIF on messenger but it every time says that I shall upgrade to the premium. Is there some free GIFs that I can try how it works and if I send a GIFs to sighted people then will they see it like pictures?
Hello,Could someone please explain how to access the apps that are already downloaded in I messages? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a few questions myself!
1. What are the in-app purchases? How much do they cost?
2. What's this premium I keep hearing about? How much does it cost? Do you need to renew it every month?
3. Say I get a GIF. on Messenger. Can I take that GIF. and upload it to this app and have it give me the disscription and text contained in that GIF.? For example, `this is an image of a bunny hopping around and it says: my kid is like energizer bunny`
Any help would be apfreciated! Can't wait to try this app! Thanks!
Thanks for the interest and questions, will try to address everything here:
1. The app will allow you to send/insert one GIF per 24 hour period in the "free" mode. The purpose is to let you try it out enough to determine if you want to buy or not. The premium upgrade is a one-time purchase to unlock all the content with no restrictions.
2. To access the app in iMessage, from any conversation, you can tap on the Messaging Apps button (near the text entry box) then scroll through the apps until you find assistEyes GIF, then activate it by double tapping.
3. Unfortunately at the moment the app is one-way, e.g. you can get the description for any GIF in this app prior to sending it, but if someone else sends you a GIF, there's no way to get a description. I'm looking into if this could be done, but it is a challenging problem since there is no way to know the source of a particular GIF.
Hopefully that hit all the questions, if something is still unclear, please follow up and I can reply again.
I downloaded this app and paid to unlock its functionality. However, when I double tap on the gif I want to send, it is selected, but the share screen does not pop up consistently. I would say that about 80% of the time, the gif is selected but nothing happens. I am using an IPhone 7 running IOS 10.3.2. Any advice would be appreciated.