iOS 7.0.6 and iPhone 5s: poor reporting of auto focus

Forum
iOS & iPadOS
Hi, in the camera app I noted that VO is not as reliable as it used to be in terms of reporting auto-focussing of objects. In addition, the bug of not reporting faces in the picture anymore - which several people confirmed - is still present. Does any one else experience this too? /Roland

Options

Comments

Submitted by Michael Hansen on Sunday, March 2, 2014

Member of the AppleVis Editorial Team
Hi Roland, Is the unreliability of auto-focus reporting new with iOS 7.0.6? Unfortunately, as iOS 7.0.6 was a security update only, we do not believe it to contain any VoiceOver fixes.

Submitted by Roland on Sunday, March 2, 2014

In reply to by Michael Hansen

Hi, the problem was there before, at least since 7.0.4. I can not recall exactly but I do know that it was not present in iOS 6 on my iPhone 4, that's for sure. I think it was better before 7.0.4 though /Roland

Submitted by Mark SARCH on Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hi guys on this Thread. This problem it's not new it been presented since iOS7.01 for most of the iPhone 5S, I couldn't say all because voiceOver users of iPhone 5S has mention on this forum that they don't have seen those issues. Personally I do have an iPhone 5S and doesn't work for me all it, since came out iOS7.01