Just a small update from a user perspective, but a large change for us from an infrastructure point of view.
We've added another data server called ICE, the existing one is FIRE.
ICE is our backup server should the FIRE server have any outage. You'll get a 'Data Services not responding' message, tap again and we will switchover to using ICE. We automatically switch back to FIRE when it's back online.
FIRE is based in the USA an ICE is in the UK, so should provide good resilience and availability.
We've also made a few small updates and bug fixes:
- UPDATE: improved the accessibility of the weather sounds volume slider
- UPDATE: improved the accessibility of the switches in settings
- UPDATE: ice and water gods will now display chance of sleet and be awake
- FIX: moon god is sleeping when the moon has risen
- FIX: moon not showing 100% illumination for full moon
Meanwhile, we are actively working on:
- Follow me weather; automatically update weather and location as you travel around
- Ability to switch off the GPS location - I know a lot of people don't want Weather Gods to keep loading the GPS
- Push notifications from the cloud, negating the need to keep Weather Gods in the task swotcher
- Feels like temperature / Wind Chill / Heat Index
- VoiceOver user guide
- Enhanced hourly data for each god
- Daily summaries without having to select individual days
- More control over notifications in terms of when they are cleared from the lock / notification screen
- And much more!
As ever, reviews are reset on every update, if you are enjoying Weather Gods then we would really appreciate a review, as it helps our search rankings.