1.0.6 should be hitting the app store today.
Here's the main changes for Voiceover:
- NEW: master volume slider in settings to control the volume of the weather sounds
- NEW: voiceover will announce if the god is awake or asleep. For example; moon god is sleeping when the moon is down. The fire god takes a well earned rest at night time.
- NEW: the amount of cloud cover for 'now' or the day / night is available on the main screen with the fire god. Either with the current temperature or the day / night temperature
- NEW: if the day is foggy, then instead of cloud cover, we announce 'Foggy'. On the 'now' view, we also provide the amount of visibility with the 'Foggy' announcement
- NEW: Fog and visibility data has been added to the fire god hourly data, replacing the cloud cover information when it's foggy
- NEW: voiceover will announce some help information for users searching for locations for the first time
- NEW: under the fire god is an indication of sunrise or sunset. Voiceover will announce which and also say how many minutes until the event
- NEW: if the temperature is not changing in the next couple of hours then Voiceover will announce 'Level'
- UPDATE: we've lowered the volume of the partly sunny weather sound
- UPDATE: we've moved the weather sounds listening screen to the about screen. This is to make space for upcoming changes in the pipeline; feels like temperature, follow me weather and the ability to toggle the GPS current location off and on
- UPDATE: we've added some info to voiceover about using three finger swipe to change favourites on the location button
Other significant changes:
- NEW: now includes summary for Tonight in the summary notification
- NEW: add wind chill to the freeze notification
- NEW: add gusts to the wind speed notification
- NEW: add UV index and safety information to UV notification
- NEW: add visibility to the Fog notification
- NEW: hourly fire god data correctly handles those places where the sun doesn't rise or set, depending on the time of the year.
- UPDATE: some minor layout improvements for iPad
- UPDATE: small visual tweak to iPad search button
- FIX: widget not working correctly after sunset
- FIX: more work on the widget around loading of weather data
- FIX: more work to try and prevent the issues we saw with data corruption after the recent network outage
- FIX: no hourly data from 11pm to 12am when viewing hourly data for any of the gods
- FIX: app stuck in a loop when searching for places that have no time zone e.g. Sahara Desert
- FIX: bug fixes and stability improvements
Upcoming changes in the near term:
- Feels like temperature
- Follow me weather - we hope to also get follow me notifications as well
- The ability to switch off the GPS location - we know a number of users just want Weather Gods to use a favourite and not keep loading the GPS. This will fix that
- UV index with the UV data
- Make sleet more useful e.g. sleet comprises a rain and snow component. Ice god will let you know the amount of snow in the sleet, water god will give the amount of rain. Also going to try and indicate which way the sleet is going e.g. snow to rain or from rain to snow
As ever, if you're enjoying Weather Gods, please could you spare a moment to leave a review as they get reset on every update. Thank you.
Finally, a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to everybody!