I'm thinking about combining my phone and tablet into just one device. I do realise I will lose out in certain ways but hope to gain better portability and more of an all rounder. For those who have the 13 pro max, has to be the max and not just the pro, I have a few questions:
1. Battery: What is the battery like? This is the most appealing aspect of the phone to me.
2. Does split-screen work in landscape mode? I know this was a thing in earlier max devices, EG the mail app so could scroll messages with left thumb and then read with right, but can't find any info that is current on this.
3. Sound: How do the speakers sound? I realise they won't be as good as an iPad mini 6th generation sound system, but do they have some punch to them?
4. I understand that there are folio cases for more current iPhones similar to those for the iPad. has anyone tried one and, firstly do they wake on open and sleep on close but also do they have a magnetic connection with the screen, IE not requiring either a button or other version of manual latch?
5. Finally, what is brailing using BSI like in table top mode? I realise typing is out with such a small screen but with the brail input I'm thinking that, in landscape mode, it might work quite well as a short form input device.
Thank you for any help you can provide on this. I'm also open to any other opinions on combining my workflow from a standard sized phone and iPad mini 6th gen into one device. I'm very aware that the 14 lineup is around the corner, but think this will be another camera/screen boost that isn't that important to us and may even drive down the 13 pro max cost.
Oh, just another one, what is the 13 pro max like in terms of pocket-ability? Does it feel a lot bigger than the standard form factor or is it negligible?
13 pro max user here
The phone is amazing. The battery life is great. About 12 hours constant use with bluetooth, screen curtain, wi-fi, 4g no 5G. And with a magsafe battery pack make that about 16 to 18 hours.
13 pro max
I can't answer all of your questions, but the pro max is excellent.
Battery life for me is anywhere between 1.5 and 2 days depending on usage.
It has split-screen mode? How do I use that? It sounds fantastic.
The speakers are kinda mid-heavy, but Voiceover sounds good and they are plenty loud.
I hate folio cases, so I can't speak to this one.
I don't use tabletop BSI on account of the comically monolithic camera hypernipple. Even with a case, this thing wobbles. Screen-away BSI is good though, sans the usual issues with picky finger positioning.
One note about the size and weight. It took me nearly a week to get used to the size of this thing, and I have fairly large hands with long, dainty fingers. It's a strain on my wrist and I've had to slightly change the way I hold it to avoid fatigue. The battery life alone makes it worth it though.
My Own Opinion
Well, this is my own opinion and others may have better say on that. Personally, I do not like straining my iPhone. The durability of the battery on the iPhones is much lower compared to the iPads. For me, my iPhone is for calls, social networking and perhaps a bit of media consumption. An iPad is for more lengthy and advanced stuff, like writing, listening to music reading etc.
I know some may have not have the luxury of owning more than one device, so an iPhone works perfectly for them.
I use Braille Screen Input…
I use Braille Screen Input in tabletop mode by holdiing the phone where my thumbs support it and my four other fingers do the typing.