Twitterrific: Tweet Your Way
Description of App
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Easily search for the perfect GIF or meme when composing tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support means GIFs and videos play right in the timeline.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets and second-guessing algorithms
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Add image descriptions to attached media to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Quickly search GIPHY for that perfect, hilarious GIF or funny meme
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize themes, fonts, home screen icons, text sizes & more
• Automatically change themes at night or whenever the system switches
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with portrait & landscape support for both
• Open as many windows as you want on iPad
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Multi-image support and autoplaying of GIF's & videos right in the timeline
• List management support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription is available which eliminates banner ads and subscription prompts. Payments will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Very accessible and easy to use.
Developer's Twitter Username
20 people have recommended this app
I've just downloaded the update to version 4.1, and this has major accessibility problems.
The timeline is now mostly inaccessible. You cannot swipe into or through the timeline. Tapping anywhere on the timeline will have VoiceOver read the text from the line that you happen to have tapped on, but nothing more. You will not be able to swipe to read anything more.
The latest update to Twitterrific specifically mentions VoiceOver fixes in its release notes, and I have to say that I am really impressed with how the app now works.
It doesn't have all the features of TweetList, but I do find it more intuitive and generally easier to use. The interface is fairly minimal, whilst a double-tap on a tweet brings up a menu of every available action.
I like the way that VoiceOver reads tweets as you flick through your timeline. It tells me everything I want to know about the tweet, in the order I would like it. I particularly like that it states when a tweet is part of a conversation.
Like TweetList, it does not support push notifications, so you would need to use an app such as Boxcar to manage these.
Absolutely, a large minor update to the already wonderful Twitterrific! Large number of bugs being squashed. Improvements in the Voice Over (Thanks a million for that!), and many other things to note.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
• Swiping left or right with two fingers now switches dark and light themes
• Checkmark icons are now displayed for verified users in lists
• Added sound effects to swipe gestures
• An in-app notification is displayed when Dark Theme at Night changes
• Added in-app notification when posting a new tweet or message
• Timelines can now scroll to the marker without displaying it
• A loading bar is now displayed when a picture is taking a long time to load
• Added Pinboard support for bookmarking links and tweets
• Various improvements to VoiceOver
• Toggling the unified timeline setting now updates the screen immediately
• Made the swipe gestures easier to trigger
• The pull-to-refresh control now operates more smoothly
• You can now hit space or tab to auto-complete the first user match
• Lists and searches in the sidebar now refresh periodically
• OMG PIXELS!
• When you reply to a message, you can now see it in the compose view
• Displaying follower and following lists is now much faster
• App help can now be opened in Safari
• Fixed a problem in the search view when using shake-to-undo
• Fixed a crash caused by closing a conversation thread while it was loading
• You can now send just a photo without any tweet text
• Improved performance in the settings screen
• Emailed and bookmarked tweets now use long URLs
• Added a confirmation dialog when deleting tweets and messages
• Fixed display problems in right-to-left languages, such as Arabic
• Previously uploaded images are no longer attached to other tweets
Well, what I do is this. Go to the Settings and find the Sync Behavior. Once in there be sure to select the Scroll to Marker.
Once that is on. Each time you open up Twitterrific. You will hear that it is refreshing. Wait until it says it has finished refreshing.
At this point. It should have automatically scrolled down to the last tweet it had retrieved from Twitter.
So what I do now is just keep flicking to the left as you will go up towards the newer tweets.
I believe the marker automatically marks your spot by the last tweet it has pulled. Not certain if you can set a marker manually.
Lots of new features and new improvements. Fixed several Voice Over issues and the gap between your timelines!
What's New in Version 5.0.2
• Simplified reading mode for the in-app browser using Instapaper or Readability
• Find tweets in all timelines via ‘History’ search (new search tab)
• Image previews are displayed directly in the timeline
• Photo viewer now displays images without a frame
• In-app web browser now uses the entire screen on iPad
• Twitterrific now loads 100 tweets while refreshing or loading more
• New gesture: Tap and hold the RT icon on a tweet to quickly retweet with a comment
• When user avatars are hidden in the timeline, tap on a username to open a profile
• VoiceOver now uses a relative date/time on tweets instead of an absolute one
• Added VoiceOver accessibility to the Load More button
• Searches and Lists in the sidebar are now ordered alphabetically
• Tapping outside of popup navigation on iPad now dismisses view
• Visual improvements to popup navigation and views
• Other minor interface improvements
• Fixed an issue where empty Twitter accounts in iOS Settings could cause a crash
• Adjusted scroll to top area so it’s less likely to be tapped by accident
• Foreign keyboards no longer cover up the bottom of the compose screen
• Fixed a bug that prevented some of your friends/followers from being displayed
• Replying to your own reply no longer loses the conversation thread
• Instagram links now open in the in-app browser to comply with their new display guidelines
Found out something today from the great people from Twitterrific! At first I thought there was a bug with in the Theme area. I couldn't for the life of me find the Close or the Back button to get out of here.
So here is what the developers of Twitterrific had to say about that:
"It's not obvious but there is a universal Voice Over gesture to dismiss a view/panel. Simply make a "Z" shape with two fingers on the screen and the theme panel will dismiss."
So I gave this a try and lord behold it worked!
Thought I pass this advice along to others.
Love the new Muffling features plus squashes a lot of bugs. New Gestures along with a new exclusive VO feature to let you know when you are nearing the end of the Tweet limit when composing.
What's New in Version 5.1
• Muffling of users, hashtags & domains
– Tap and hold on a user, hashtag or domain to muffle it
– Tap on any muffled tweet to “peek” at it, tap again to close
– Tap and hold on any muffled item to cancel it
– Settings are synced across devices using iCloud
• Added new image services: Img.ly, Mobypicture, & Twitpic
• Avenir font added to themes (iOS 6+ only)
• Faster load times when refreshing timelines
• Improved scrolling speed, especially with tweets using inline previews
• Markers now scroll when loading more to fill gaps
• Send tweets, set favorites, etc. while offline: you’ll see an option to perform them later
• Links in user profiles are now displayed correctly and can be tapped
• Mobilizer & share buttons no longer wait for a page to load before appearing
• Added timeline previews for Flickr photos
• Flickr photos now display in a slideshow view
• Lists are hidden in the sidebar if you don’t have any
• Sidebar appearance is now themed to match the timeline
• New tweet count is now shown when refreshing saved searches & lists
• VoiceOver: Compose counter notifies you when nearing the character limit
• New gesture: Drag downwards on photos or modal navigation bars to dismiss
• New gesture: Tap & hold location icon in compose to use it for all tweets you send from that account
• Saving links to Pocket now attaches the tweet attribution
• Proxima Nova updated with alternate ‘a’ font character
• Various other UI tweaks
• Fixed an issue that caused slow downs after extended use
• Fixed a bug that could cause a premature scroll to the top of the timeline
• Fixed an issue that could cause some tweets to post more than once
• Chinese keyboards in iPhone landscape mode no longer cover the bottom of the compose view
• Viewing broken images no longer makes the photo viewer difficult to dismiss
• Shiny new pull to refresh animation to avoid mistaken identity with brother from another mother, Larry
★★★ OLLIE WILL RETURN IN … OCTOPUSHY ★★★
Hi, don't know that i'm afraid, its worth following @Twitterrific on twitter and asking. They will respond to you in a few minutes.
Check out the NEW Notification Feature! Plus, the many improvements that just makes Twitterrific the most solid and best Twitter Client choice for your device.
What's New in Version 5.2
• Push notifications (enable in settings)
- Twitterrific’s push notification service is currently in beta and will be rolling out to groups of 1,000 users over the next few weeks. If you cannot enable push notifications, try again in a few days.
• User banners now display on profile pages
• Discussions can now be shared via email or Storify
• Added Droplr thumbnails to the timeline
• Text size of muffled items scales according to theme settings
• The timeline can now display up to 600 tweets (was 400)
• Additional actions, like muffling, are available when avatars are hidden
• New compose shortcut: type “@” after username to prevent autocomplete
• Load more button now animates while loading new tweets in the timeline
• Improved behavior when restoring selected timeline with multiple accounts
• Improved formatting when emailing a tweet or group of tweets
• Improved performance when rotating display on iPhone/iPod
• Improved display performance when muffling many items
• Multiple in-app notifications no longer overlap
• Various changes to make VoiceOver less verbose
• Various other UI tweaks