Shark Bridge Card Game
Description of App
Shark Bridge offers unlimited hands, duplicate bridge game, Daily Tournament with MP (%) scoring.
Boards with full auction and play review from International, North American and European competitions.
Internet is not required, except for Daily Tournaments and the Online Bridge Club.
Shark Bridge is the winner of 2014 and 2011 World Bridge Computer Championships.
You can email hands to your partner or other bridge friends for discussion as long as they have Shark or other App to open PBN/LIN files. Share the fun!
Shark Bridge features:
- Duplicate bridge game
- Bridge tournament boards (In-App purchase)
- Play Bridge offline ( no Internet ) or live on the Internet with your friends and foes.
- Never wait for a bridge table to fill in, our high quality robot will play bridge when needed.
- Hints and auction analysis are available at any time. Ask the Shark Bridge and it will help.
- Special hints when declarer is on the lead to a trick, Shark will suggest a play strategy.
- Open PBN (Portable Bridge Notation) and LIN ( VU-Graph) files from your email
- Speak card or bid on touch, helps poor vision and 'fat finger'
- Speak auction calls, cards to trick and hints.
- Choose from regular and4 colour card decks.
Bridge Enthusiast In-App purchase ($19.99) upgrade offers:
- Play unlimited number of random deals
- 9 WBF,ACBL and European bridge tournaments from 2014,2013,2011
- Save deals to your Personal Deal Library
- Email bridge hands from your Personal Deal Library
- Play bridge systems : Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavour) and 2/1 Game Force bidding systems
- Basic Online Bridge Play : create, join and kibitz at any table
- Deal Analysis
- One year free VIP subscription
VIP subscription ($24.99/year) unlocks additional features and services:
- Daily tournament with 16 boards, compare your skill with the rest of our VIP members. Study the deals from any past tournament.
- 25 WBF, ACBL and European bridge tournaments from recent years including 2015. More are in the works.
- VIP online play : manage friends, block players, invite players
- Par Contract Calculator
- Personal Deal Library : all saved deals are instantly available to all of your devices
- Advanced Deal Generator
- Highest priority for feature requests
Bridge Bidding Systems : Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavour) and 2/1 Game Force bidding systems, more are in the works.
Each bridge system includes most popular conventions and can be further customized with :
1NT / 2NT range and hand distribution options
Gambling 3NT or strong 25+ HCP 3NT
Jacoby and Texas Transfers
Weak two Spades, Hearts Diamonds
Strong 2 Clubs
4 versions of Blackwood: 4 Aces, 5 Aces, RKC or RKC 1430
Two-way new minor forcing (XY-NT)
Michaels Cue Bid
Maximum Overcall Double
In 2009 and 2010 Shark won the individual event at the World Computer Bridge Championships
In 2014 Shark defeated B Baron 25, MicroBridge, WBridge5 and Robo Bridge
In 2011 Shark defeated B Baron 22, MicroBridge, WBridge5, QPlus Bridge, and Robo Bridge
Shark play bridge engine was designed and programmed by John Norris, an international bridge master and Danish Bridge Champion.
Shark robot is the most human like playing robot, it has been tested against professional players and proved to be a worthy opponent.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
VoiceOver reads 98% of this game, and it is possible to play a hand and get hints. Most buttons are properly labeled, and audio feedback is excellent. Unfortunately, biding is difficult at the moment, due to a custom keyboard which VoiceOver does not recognize.
There is also a mac version of this app, but it is not similarly accessible at this time. I highly suggest contacting the developer about either version to let them know of interest.
Developer's Twitter Username
1 people have recommended this app
hi for those new to bridge is their extensive help on play and a tutorial included if i get this app
I haven't tried it, but I suspect it's much more about the app features than playing Bridge itself. YOu'll probably want to become familiar with the basics from elsewhere, just in case.
I'm afraid I have to revise this entry a bit to say that bidding doesn't seem to be as accessible as play. It seems to use a custom keyboard, which isn't picked up by VoiceOver. Still, this is more accessible than any of the other bridge games i've tried.
I just got off the phone with the developers behind Shark Bridge, and they seem determined to make the app as accessible as possible. I am thrilled beyond words. I'll keep everybody posted, but thus far this is extremely positive.
Definitely would be interested in this. I've never played Bridge before, but it's one of those classic card games of skill like cribbage and Whist (I mean proper, 19th century Whist where the whole pack is used, not knock-out Whist or Trumps) which I very much want to learn how to play. It would be great if the developers made this accessible and I'm very grateful they intend to.
Has anyone come across an accessible Whist game by the way?
I'm afraid I haven't seen any accessible Whist games… It's even less popular than Bridge is ;) But if I find anything I'll b sure to let you know.