Description of App
ChangeReaction, Draconis Entertainment's classic audio puzzle game for the blind and visually impaired comes to OS X with new audio, three entirely different modes of game play, a host of new features, and a cheaper price tag!
Primarily intended for blind and visually impaired gamers, ChangeReaction is played via the keyboard and your ears. Navigate the game board with the arrow keys, dropping coins on the stacks to create chains of explosions and rack up higher and higher scores! Match three coins of the same denomination vertically or horizontally to trigger a chain reaction that blows up all adjacent coins of the same value!
This game has no visual element. Use your fingers, ears, and wits to rack up the highest scores possible!
- Choose from three distinctly different variations of game play.
- All modes support three difficulty levels.
- In ChangeReaction Classic, clear the board of all coins before time runs out!
- In LooseChange, clearing the board just got a whole lot more difficult! Bombs explode on coin stacks and scatter their contents across the board for added challenge!
- In PayDay, try to keep the board from being cleared against all odds, and rack up overtime by clearing positions on the board which represent the hours of the work week.
- Bonus rounds provide a chance to rack up even higher scores!
- ChangeReaction 2.0 has been rewritten from the ground up using the next-generation Draconis game engine.
- Exciting new sounds and music.
- Audio hints to help newcomers navigate the game menus with their ears.
- In app instructions and keyboard reference.
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
3 people have recommended this app
I am so happy the update which fixes the tts voice issue has been fixed! Yippee!!
Get the update and enjoy blasting coins till your heart is content!
I play this once a day on my iMac. Smiley. Jingle go my coins as I explode them into points.
Is this game still available to play I found it on the App Store I want to purchase it but want to make sure it works good
this game is still available and still works even though there hasn't been any updates in years.
I got the game and it works great I just have a few problems when trying to navigate the menu where it says play game how to play it says you up or down arrow I’m not able to use it at all I have voice over turned off and I’m not able to navigate that menu I did try the pause and escape feature in those both work as expected but just the up-and-down arrow I don’t work at all I did look at a podcast. I am running the latest MacBook air update I’m not sure the podcast I watched was back in 2014. Is there any new commands I should know about when trying to navigate the menu
The commands are still the same. Using the up and down arrows should work just fine. To select a menu item, press enter. I hope you can get this to work. Good luck.
I did try this but still not working the only things that work are the return key the p key for pause and the escape key I did turn my voice over off and my quick nav keys off but still nothing is there a setting under system preferences that I need to turn on
the down arrow to navagate the menu works for me. I always leave VoiceOver on and quicknav off and that always works. if you need more help you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. that is as well my Apple ID so I can be contacted via faceTime as well. you can also request me on Skype if you can't figure out how to reach me through my Apple ID on FaceTime. my Skype name is daniel.angus.macdonald.
Daniel Angus MacDonald