Below is a list of the major highlights from today's Apple Special Event keynote, compiled from the twitter feed of AppleVis and other sources as linked to on this page.
- 9,000,000 iPhone were sold the first weekend of new iPhone release making it the largest ever sold by Apple
- 64% of supported devices now are on iOS 7
- 20,000,000 users are now using iTunes Radio
- There are now over 1 million Apps in the App Store with over 50 Billion downloads
- Tim Cook at iPad event: 64% of iOS devices on iOS 7, 20 million iTunes Radio listeners, 1 billion songs played, 1 million apps http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/22/tim-cook-talks-numbers-at-ipad-event-64-of-ios-devices-on-ios-7-20-million-itunes-radio-listeners-1-billion-songs-played/
- Mavericks will improve battery life of portable Macs and offers more efficient use of - memory
- enhancements in Mavericks include easier link sharing, improved notifications, tabs in Finder
- calendar in Mavericks will be far smarter with better integration with other apps such as Apple Maps
- Mavericks upgrade to be free and available to any compatible Mac.
- Apple Launches OS X Mavericks, Now Available for Free http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/ehNV2kxPhJk/
- 13 inch Macbook Pro thinner, lighter and faster. New generation of Intel processor.
- 13 inch Macbook Pro has improved wi-fi and Thunderbolt 2.
- 13 inch Macbook Pro pricing starts at $1299.
- Apple announces thinner, lighter 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display; battery life, Thunderbolt 2 http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/22/apple-announces-thinner-lighter-13-inch-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-battery-life-thunderbolt-2/
- 15 inch Macbook Pro has improved processor and graphics. Upto 8 hours of battery life. Faster flash memory
- 15 inch Macbook Pro pricing starts at $1999
- Apple launches new 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro: Thunderbolt 2, new Graphics, better battery life http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/22/apple-launches-new-15-inch-retina-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-2-new-graphics-better-battery-life/
- Mac Pro pricing to start at $2999. To be available before end of the year and made fully in the US.
- Apple offers details on the new Mac Pro http://www.macnews.com/2013/10/22/apple-offers-details-new-mac-pro
- updates to the iWork suite of apps. New looks and new features
- desktop and iOS versions of iWork apps now working more closely together courtesy of iCloud
- some features of GarageBand will now require an in-app purchase
- iWork apps to be free with any purchase of a new Mac or iDevice
- new versions of iWork apps to be available today
- new versions of iLife and iWork apps to be available today and to be free
- Apple Announces Updates To Pages, Numbers And Keynote http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/10/apple-announces-updates-to-pages-numbers-and-keynote/
- 170 million iPads have now been sold
- Over 475,000 iPad only Apps are now in the App Store
- thinner, lighter and more powerful iPad. Now to be known as the iPad Air.
- new iPad Air weighs just 1 pound. The lightest tablet of this size in the market
- new iPad Air has new A7 chip. Same as in the iPhone 5s
- new iPad Air has faster wi-fi, better camera and dual microphones.
- iPad Air pricing to start at $499. iPad 2 to still be available as the entry level iPad.
- Apple Officially Announces The iPad Air http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/10/apple-officially-announces-the-ipad-air/
- new iPad Mini gets Retina display
- new iPad Mini gets the A7 processor seen in the iPad Air and iPhone 5s
- 4 times more powerful and 8 times more powerful graphics
- new iPad Mini gets 5MP camera.
- new iPad Mini pricing to start at $399. Available in November. Previous iPad Mini to remain available, but new price of $299
- new covers and cases for the iPads. $79 for iPad Air. $69 for iPad Mini
- Here Comes Apple’s iPad mini With Retina Display http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/10/here-comes-apples-ipad-mini-with-retina-display/