Update, 01/24/2016, 18:00 PST: Applications for the AppleVis Podcast Team have now closed. All applicants will be notified of our decision no later than 18:00 PST on Sunday, January 31, 2016. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to all those who applied.
We would like to extend an invitation to members of the AppleVis community to become a founding part of our new Podcast Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced podcasters to share their knowledge and expertise with Apple products with a worldwide audience. The AppleVis website serves as a resource for end-users; assistive technology professionals; accessibility advocates; and app developers, and the provision of high-quality audio content is one of the ways in which we seek to fulfil our mission of empowering blind and low vision users of Apple products and related applications.
As a member of the Podcast Team, you will be involved in identifying and delivering high-quality audio content for the AppleVis website which is relevant and timely; engaging, informative and helpful; and clear and accurate. You will also be part of a community-driven effort, helping to shape the direction and content of the AppleVis Podcast in the months and years to come.
At this time, we are only seeking to recruit a small number of people for the AppleVis Podcast Team. As the Team becomes more established, it is likely that additional members will be necessary to add extra areas of interest and expertise. It is anticipated that the Podcast Team itself will be responsible for identifying these needs and filling them.
There are some basic requirements which applicants must satisfy:
- Applicants must have experience creating high-quality podcasts which fall within the scope of AppleVis.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work as part of a small team to identify and produce podcasts of high quality and the greatest possible value to listeners.
- Applicants must be able to record and edit their own podcasts to a standard which should typically require no further editing by anyone else.
- Applicants must be willing and able to operate within our longstanding guidelines for AppleVis podcasts.
- Applicants must accept that any of your own podcasts will need to be shared with other members of the Podcast Team and receive their approval for posting to the AppleVis website.
- Applicants must accept that, on occasion, we may ask you to redo a podcast or not give approval to an idea. This is a necessary, albeit unpleasant, part of content production, and our motivation is always on delivering the highest-quality podcast to listeners.
- Although there will be no podcast production quotas, it is still expected that applicants will be willing and able to produce podcasts on a regular basis.
The Next Step
If you are interested in becoming a founding member of the AppleVis Podcast Team, please send an email to (CLOSED) including the following information:
- Links to at least 2 of your past podcasts that you would consider your very best work.
- The areas and topics which interest you for possible podcasts on the AppleVis website.
- The hardware/software that you would typically use for recording and editing your own podcasts.
- A brief statement on what you believe you would bring to this new Podcast Team and the AppleVis community.
Applications for the AppleVis Podcast Team will close at 18:00 PST on Sunday, January 24, 2016. All applicants will be notified of our decision no later than 18:00 PST on Sunday, January 31, 2016.