Submitted by Steve Markham on Monday, June 10, 2013.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Description of App
iSquint is an iPod video conversion app for Mac OS X. It's many times faster than QuickTime Pro, works with almost all popular video formats, and it's infinitely free-er. It's also really easy. Just drag in your file, and click Start. You can also choose "TV" or "iPod" size, set your quality, or even go all-out by playing in the Advanced drawer. On a 1GHz G4, iSquint can convert most video files to iPod-screen-sized videos in realtime. Intel Macs are up to twice as fast, and can convert videos upwards of 5x realtime! Depending on a few factors, a 20 minute video will take up anywhere from 50-150MB of disk space. Features:
- Fast MPEG-4 and H.264 conversion from almost every popular video format, from 3GP to XviD.
- QuickTime Pro and DivX codec not required.
- DivX and XviD AVIs, all forms of MPEG video, and many other formats QuickTime chokes on are supported.
- Batch Processing of multiple files. Save in-place, or to a different folder.
- Automatic aspect ratio detection. Anamorphic MPEG-2 and HDV detected too.
- Quality slider. Leave it as is to trust me, mess with it if you know better, or completely ignore it and play with the...
- Advanced settings drawer. Change every aspect of the conversion process.
- Multithreaded for multi-processor computers.
- Just a few of the supported formats: .mov .mp4 .avi .dv .mpg .vob .3gp .asf .wmv .flv .m4v
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
All seems to be usable so far. Doesn't seem to be too difficult to use.
The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.
1 people have recommended this app
Most recently recommended by Steve Markham 8 years 7 months ago