Description of App:
iSquint is an iPod video conversion app for Mac OS X. It's many times faster than QuickTime Pro, works with almost all popular video formats, and it's infinitely free-er. It's also really easy. Just drag in your file, and click Start. You can also choose "TV" or "iPod" size, set your quality, or even go all-out by playing in the Advanced drawer. On a 1GHz G4, iSquint can convert most video files to iPod-screen-sized videos in realtime. Intel Macs are up to twice as fast, and can convert videos upwards of 5x realtime! Depending on a few factors, a 20 minute video will take up anywhere from 50-150MB of disk space. Features:
- Fast MPEG-4 and H.264 conversion from almost every popular video format, from 3GP to XviD.
- QuickTime Pro and DivX codec not required.
- DivX and XviD AVIs, all forms of MPEG video, and many other formats QuickTime chokes on are supported.
- Batch Processing of multiple files. Save in-place, or to a different folder.
- Automatic aspect ratio detection. Anamorphic MPEG-2 and HDV detected too.
- Quality slider. Leave it as is to trust me, mess with it if you know better, or completely ignore it and play with the...
- Advanced settings drawer. Change every aspect of the conversion process.
- Multithreaded for multi-processor computers.
- Just a few of the supported formats: .mov .mp4 .avi .dv .mpg .vob .3gp .asf .wmv .flv .m4v
Free or Paid:
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On:
All seems to be usable so far. Doesn't seem to be too difficult to use.
The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.