Description of App:
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Create tabs from rules (user IDs, keywords and regular expressions)
- Create Twitter search tabs
- Create tabs from Lists
- Block unwanted Tweets (user IDs, keywords, regular expressions and application name)
- Powerful keyboard shortcuts
- Real-time streaming support
- Conversation view
- Single user view
- Change font size
- Unread management (hit space key to read through unread Tweets)
- Powerful notification support (sound and growl)
- Two different appearance modes (normal view and mini view)
- Image preview
- "Paste to YoruFukurou" bookmarklet for web browsers
- Autocompletion (user IDs and hashtags)
- Now browsing & now playing
- Upload images
- Customizable image service
- Instant filter
- URL shortening and expansion
- Customizable URL shortener
- Show one-sided follow badge
- Color customization
- API Error console
Free or Paid:
Version Of OS X App Was Tested On:
Note: as of January 2015, the version of this app in the App Store will come with a name change. The app is now called Night Owl, not YoruFukurou, but it is the same app. Some users report that updating straight from the Night Owl website does not cause this change to happen.
This app works well and is fully accessible. There are some tricks to know (such as needing to interact with the Drawer to follow people) but it is certainly usable.
The current version has a longstanding bug where VoiceOver reads only shortened links, even if full links are shown on the screen. While this is no deal-breaker, it is a possible security risk.
Another bug is that, though timelines may scroll visually to where a synced reading position (such as Tweetmarker) is, VoiceOver will not. As far as I've found, there is no way to jump to a synced position in this app.
I'd highly! highly! highly! recommend this app! It is the best, possibly the only, accessible Twitter client for OS X, and it works very well. Some tasks could be easier or quicker to perform, but you can do just about everything if you know how. Some users report that it fails to load more than 20 tweets of any lists, making it less than ideal for list reading, so bear that in mind.