Description of App:
From the mac app store:
“Current Brings A Better Version Of Facebook To The Mac Desktop” – TechCrunch
“Current Seamlessly Integrates Facebook With Your Mac Desktop” – Lifehacker
See why Current has been featured on Product Hunt, and has received glowing reviews from TechCrunch, Lifehacker, VentureBeat, Cult of Mac, CNET, MakeUseOf, StackSocial, and many other trusted blogs around the world!
Current offers THE BEST way to message and browse on Facebook with your Mac! With Current, you can Facebook message friends in their own chat windows and quickly access your inbox, notifications, and online friends right from the menu bar.
Current isn’t just a messaging app. It’s a complete replacement for using Facebook in the browser, and it’s built to give you the best possible experience on the Mac. Current allows you to use only the parts of Facebook that you want and doesn’t include any annoying cross-promotional ads.
• Group chats, stickers, and everything else you'd expect with Facebook Messenger are all supported on Current.
• Photos open in their own windows where you can swipe through them to browse the album, as well as comment, like, share, tag, and go full screen.
• Videos can be popped out of the page, so you can continue watching while browsing or using other apps.
• Notifications are customizable in the Preferences so you can prevent unwanted distractions.
• When navigating Facebook, you can swipe back to exactly where you were in the feed at any time, so you never lose your place.
More reviews of Current:
“Current delivers the best way to use Facebook on the Mac” – Cult of Mac
“This app makes Facebook a lot better on a Mac” – CNET
“Current is the best Facebook app for Mac OS X right now” – Trendblog
“Current, a Facebook app for Mac, highlights the network’s core” – VentureBeat
“Current Makes Facebook Better on Mac” – StackSocial
If you enjoy using Current, please take a minute to share it with your friends. You can quickly do that from the Help menu. If you’d like to send some feedback or just say hi, you can do that from the Help menu, as well. We’d love to hear from you!
• Current is a 3rd party application for Facebook and is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Facebook Inc.
• Facebook and the Facebook Logo are trademarks of Facebook Inc.
Free or Paid:
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On:
This app works quite well. So far I can only get it to show as a full facebook layout. I haven't been able to set it to show the mobile version.