Description of App:
Help keep your family safe in severe weather, man made/natural hazards with Emergency by the American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or area of loved ones, prepare your family and your home, check to see if loved ones are safe and let them know you’re safe. - A must have for anyone who live in areas prone to severe weather or have loved ones that do.
• Free and available in English with a Spanish-language toggle.
• Monitor the people and places you care about with real- time local alerts for severe weather and hazards, including earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flood, tsunamis, winter storms, thunderstorms, extreme heat, wildfire and many more.
• Family Safe feature - easily connect with loved ones to share alerts for their area and see if they’re safe during
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Interactive quizzes with sharable badges.
• Preloaded preparedness and critical emergency content providing instant access even without mobile connectivity.
• A toolkit with a flashlight, strobe light, and audible alarm.
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Step by step directions on how to make a family emergency plan.
As a disaster notification comes in on your Apple Watch, you can initiate Family Safe which notifies loved ones who are in the affected area of the disaster. Loved ones can instantly see the alert details and respond with their safety status (safe/not safe), along with seeing tailored “what to do now” information. If they’re not safe, you instantly know their location and they know what to do to get themselves safe.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
There's one unlabeled button that I know of and that's the I'm Safe button as I like to think of it. If you just use it for alerts it's pretty accessible as far as I can tell. Adding a location can be a bit tricky, but if you allow the app to access your current location during set-up, it will automatically add that location to your list of locations that you're monitoring. The alerts are provided in an easy to read format.
I found this app when I was looking for an app where I could get alerts for the weather, because the weather can be very unpredictable where I live. And I found my local news station's apps to be inaccessible. I've had it for a while and I only use it for alerts, and I really love it! If you're looking for a free app that gives you weather alerts, I highly recommend you get this one!