Description of App
iTunes App Store description: Stay connected on the go with the XFINITY Connect. Check your Comcast.net email, send and receive text messages, make and receive Voice calls and check your XFINITY voicemail all in one place. Answer your home phone calls and forward calls from your home phone to your iPhone. WHAT’S NEW! Video call other XFINITY voice subscribers. FEATURES - Voice2Go* - Now make unlimited voice calls from XFINITY Connect app using your XFINITY Voice numbers. - Never miss a phone call : Answer all your home phone calls from XFINITY Connect App. - Send and receive free unlimited text messages to the U.S., Canada, Mexico and over 40 other countries using your home phone number – no texting plan required! Even text from your iPad® or iPod touch®. * Included for XFINITY VOICE Residential Unlimited customers. Terms & conditions apply. REQUIREMENTS - XFINITY Internet or XFINITY Voice subscription - Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address (Need your Comcast ID? go to http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Free texting requires subscription to XFINITY Voice Unlimited service. Standard data charges apply. Check with your carrier. Discussion forum - please visit -http://forums.comcast.net
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
- In version 6 of this app, most functions within the email, contacts and settings sections are accessible with VO. There are still a few a11y quirks as noted below, but the previously inaccessible account section has been moved to it's own separate app.
- When editing a contact in the XFinity contacts list, the last button is unlabeled. This is the Delete Contact button.
- The field displaying the number of contacts is not read by VO.
- When composing a new email message, the cursor is placed at the end of the default XFinity tag line in the body of the message. A standard one-finger double-tap will toggle the cursor location correctly.
- When composing a new email, the attachment button functions are accessible with VO; however, after a file has been attached, VO announces the attachment name as Attachment Name.jpg rather than the actual filename displayed, and the file size is not correctly announced. There is an element to the right of the attachment which VO announces as text edit card remove icon, button. Double-tapping this element removes the attached file.
I was able to add new contacts to the contacts list, read and compose email, and interact with most of the settings while encountering only a few small accessibility glitches as listed above.
Note that Comcast High Speed Internet subscribers have access to email, contacts & settings, but the User must be a COmcast phone subscriber in order to have access to the voicemail, text and phone call functions. I am not a comcast phone customer, so was not able to fully evaluate those functions and would welcome input from any comcast customers who are able to evaluate the accessibility of the voicemail, text and phone functions.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
While the VO accessibility of this app continues to improve, this release still does not resolve the account accessibility issues noted above.
What's new in version 5.0.1?
- Fixed crash issues - Fixed issues with Composing emails - Improved folder selection - Improved background operations - Improved performance
What's new in version 5.1:
- Support for iOS 8 - Email notification options - ability to choose email notification with or without Alerts - Fixed crash issues - Performance improvements - Support for Spanish language
Bryan's notes: VO access seems unchanged from version 5.0.1. The app is mostly usable at this point, with the continuing notable exception of the Account section and several button labeling issues as detailed in the app description.