Description of App
SSH for iPhone/iPOD is client application in which you can connect with multiple server with SSH protocol.
- SSH Console/Emulator
- Connect server with SSH
- Access to Sudo and root commands
- Support in both mode portrait and landscape mode
- Recent executed commands history
- Configure unlimited server and don't need to enter hostname, username and password again & again
- Easy to use and easy to configure server settings
- Show/Hide Keyboard and display output in full screen
- Allow to configure custom port
- Support website link working now
- Wide screen
- No need to type on top of the Textfield, type in terminal itself, feel like real command prompt/terminal
- Support now with Copy/Cut/Paste
- History screen is now better and execute previously executed in a single touch
- Main screen have more details about connection info with host name with port
- Now you can easily identify single host with different port no.
- Better Control, Tab and Esc buttons
- Fixed Port no save issue.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: As I can see, the application is fully accessible. I was not sure, if terminal window will be read by VoiceOver, however program uses simple TextBox to display the terminal output and capture user's input, so everything is being read fine. The "controls" button needs to be pressed in order to display the keyboard. Also, wile reading the terminal output it is better tu switch VoiceOver to read line by line, that way everything is read properly.
For users of jailbreaks and OpenSSH, it is possible to ssh to 127.0.0.1 and you will get an access to iPhone's shell prompt. Works fine and fully accessible!
0 people have recommended this app
I wouldlike to know if this ssh-terminal works on ipad mini before I plunk down my life savings of five bucks, lol.
And, if you know, can ios 8.4 be jailbroken?
And will ssh-terminal work without the device being jailbroken?
It will work on the iPad mini. That being said if you don't mind paying 3 bucks more, I would really strongly suggest you grab Prompt 2 as it has much nicer VO support. It automatically reads incoming text, so you can pretty fast with it in combination with braille screen input.
To your second question, there is a jailbreak for iOS 8.4, but not sure about 8.4.1. SSH terminal apps will work on non-jailbroken devices, but of course you ill be able to access only external servers, IE VPS's, but not a local shell of your iPad. That's because stock iOS doesn't actually run an SSH server.
I also love prompt2 as well. I bought the bundle which is about $16 us.
I don't think this app shows the cursor in a way voiceover can read it, I have not tried this app in a while, so if anyone knows different, please let me know.
Definitely no cursor in prompt, so you can never edit a line nor use a program which requires a cursor.
Actually there is a curser in prompt. I use this all the time. You just have to up and down arrow with either the on screen keyboard or your bluetooth one.
Based on the recommendation, I have downloaded and used this app.
Does not disappoint, works fantastic with voice-over.
I was a huge fan of prompt2 till they introduced the new split screen, it is now yucky, hard to use with voice-over.