Scanner Radio: Police & Fire
Description of App
Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Voiceover works wonderfully with this app. Even the map is accessible. This app is more accessible than 5-0 Radio. If you're looking for an accessible easiy-to-use police scanner app, you must try this app out.
It may be a little hard to find this app. For me I just searched scanner radio & found this one by accident. And it doesn't take very long to install. There is something to be aware of however. If anyone uses there iOS. device in landscape orientation this app is in portrait. I'm one of those people & it took me a second to adjust. You don't have to sign up for an account. Another thing to be aware of is that the app tracks your location to provide the near me feature. In the brief time I've played with it, I've grown to love this app. If you want an app that's free, accessible, has an easy user-interface & no ads this app is for you!
Once you install it on your device it will show up as just scanner.
2 people have recommended this app
When it's installed on your device, it's simply called scanner.