Description of App
UberSocial: With so many easy-to-use features, it’ll make you feel like an octopus with 8 swiss army knives.
“A must have for any Twitter user” – BuildMobile
“An incredibly savvy Twitter management app that’s packed with features” – Mobilewalla
"Check out Ubersocial – we’re convinced once you start using it you won’t go back to the Twitter client you were using before" - Nightmaircreative.com
"King of the mobile Twitter Apps" - Berryfix
- Mute: Tired of hearing about a certain topic? Mute Twitter users for a period of time. Like, forever.
- Menu Customization: For quick & easy access, add your most-used features to the UberBar.
- Facebook Cross Posting: Connect your app to post Tweets to Facebook. One simple step.
- Multiple Accounts: Have a split personality? So do we. Seamlessly manage multiple social accounts all in one place.
- LivePreviewTM: View rich media in real-time. Check out links, videos and images in your main Twitter timeline without having to leave the app.
- Themes: UberSocial comes with themes - color, movies, sports, celebrities - to enhance your Tweeting experience.
- Extra Services: Choose from the best services to upload photos, videos, shorten links, or send Tweets over 140 characters with TMI.me.
- The fun don’t stop: We offer even more great features, like customized notifications, location services, advanced Twitter search, and of course the full Twitter functionality set (Tweet, ReTweet, Direct Message, @Mention, lists) and more!
UberSocial supports inline viewing of photos and videos from the following services: yfrog, Lockerz, TwitPic, MyPict, Flickr, MobyPicture, TwitVid, TwitGoo, TwitSnap, Imgur, Instagram, Twimg
UberSocial was previously known as UberTwitter.
For more info about UberSocial, check out http://www.ubersocial.com
I've just downloaded the latest update (1.4), and although there are some improvements, this app is still not for VoiceOver users.
Firstly, swiping right through the menu bar to enter the timeline ; VoiceOver does no read the first tweet. If I didn't have enough sight to know better, I would be left assuming that the second tweet was actually the first (if you see what I mean).
Whilst at the top of the screen, a double tap on the status bar will not scroll lists back to the top.
Perhaps the main problem, is that VoiceOver does not announce the name of users in the timeline. So, unless you only follow one person, this problem alone is enough to make this app useless.
The developers of this app make a big noise about the way this app works in landscape mode. Unfortunately, things become very confusing for us VoiceOvers when trying to use the app in landscape. Quite simply, it is almost impossible to keep track of what is going one in the app.
One the plus side, the adverts appear to have gone, and the interface seems a little cleaner and easier to use (well, in portrait).
Cory is quite right.
That certainly means that things are no way near as bad with this app as I had first thought. In my defense, I would like to point out that I am used to Echofon telling me the username before reading the post. Oh, and there is a slight pause between the end of the tweet and VoiceOver announcing the username, and I am such and impatient sort that I had already swipe to the next tweet. Lame excuses, I know, but they are the best I can think of right now <smile>.
The latest update has brought a new name - this app is now called UberSocial.
The latest update (1.6) has rendered this app useless for VoiceOver users.
When navigating the timeline VoiceOver now only reads the poster's name and the timestamp, the content of the actual tweet is simply recognized as an unlabelled button. If the tweet contains any linkable items, such us hash tags or profile links, these too will be read by VoiceOver as unlabelled buttons.
A shame, as some of the new features introduced in this update looked good (such as support for multiple accounts).
There's a form on their wbsite for submitting requests:
I certainly hope they do address the accessibility issues, as it's a good Twitter app.
Version 1.95 - even worse
The latest version continues the decline in accessibility. .
When flicking through the timeline, tweets are just announced as 'Label'. Double-tapping on a tweet takes you to the poster's profile.
You can use the pass-through gesture on tweets in the timeline, but this gets mixed results (probably dependent upon what is in the tweet). Some times it will take you to the tweet, some times it will open a web page, and other times it goes to another user's profile. When it does go to the tweet page, VoiceOver will still only announce the content of the tweet as 'Label'. It will read any replies that are listed below the tweet, but that's of no real use without knowing the original tweet.
Button labelling is also quite poor, but again this is a minor concern considering the overall lack of accessibility.
Flipboard does this and more