Description of App:
The comprehensive resource of thai-language.com is now available for learners of the Thai language as an app, providing instantaneous and offline access to over 60,000 high-quality Thai-English dictionary entries.
• Learn English definitions for Thai words and phrases.
• Access dictionary content currently not available in any other iOS app, all hand-crafted with learners of the Thai language in mind.
• Search using either English, ภาษาไทย (Thai) or romanized spellings (like "sawasdee" and "sawat dee").
• Get word pronunciations with any of the built-in transliteration and romanization methods.
• Learn new vocabulary by browsing categories.
• Understand how phrasal expression are composed.
• See antonyms, synonyms and alternative spellings.
• Swipe sideways to flip through the different senses of ambiguous Thai words.
• Find example uses and sentences.
• Listen to audio pronunciation (automatic text-to-speech).
• Choose to view Thai entries using traditional or modern typefaces.
Have the app automatically transliterate Thai script according to your preferences. Built-in methods include:
• kâo-něeo (Bua Luang)
• kâao nǐao (Paiboon by Benjawan P. Becker)
• khao niao (Royal Thai General System)
• ค่าว-เหฺนียว (Phonemic Thai)
• IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
Thai-English Dictionary from thai-language.com Support
What's New in Version 1.7.5
• Updated dictionary material from the thai-language.com editors.
• You can now choose your preferred English voice (American, British, etc).
• A problem when tapping a bookmarked phrase has been fixed.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Fully accessible with Voice Over. All entries, tabs, buttons, and all other elements of the app are accessible with Voice Over. You will need to activate language on the rotor. You will also need to install the Thai voice in the phone settings for language rotor. If you are wanting to get a bit more in depth with Thai, you should also install the Thai keyboard in the phone settings. Most of the time, Voice Over will automatically switch between Thai and English while reading when scripts are up. There are times when you will have to manually switch voices with the language rotor to read certain elements. The website, thai-language.com is fully accessible with Voice Over as well, for Mac anyway. I haven't really visited the site on my iPhone yet.
For those from the casual to the serious learner of the Thai language, this is a wonderful app