Description of App:
PerfectReader Mini is a state-of-the-art PDF reader application for your iPhone/iPod Touch, which helps you to manage & read your PDF documents like no other. PerfectReader brings to you the advantages of reading PDF documents on PC/Mac in a perfect combination with the facilities and advantages of your iDevices. With PerfectReader - it’s not just reading, it’s enjoying!
- Streamline, minimalist & unique user interface – to help you organizing & reading your documents like never before.
- PDF search & Hilight: supports PDF documents in almost languages.
- TrueFlow (Text reflow): Extract PDF text and re-layout it for easy reading against the tiny screens of iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Text-To-Speech: Tired of reading? Now, it's time to listen! Let PerfectReader reads out loud your PDF pages.
- Dictionary/Wikipedia support (Internet connection required): Read documents in any languages, our new feature allows you to translate your selected word into a choice of 33 languages.
- Extremely fast PDF rendering engine.
- Engineered to be suitable for any kind of PDF, from PDF e-books, magazines to technical/business PDF documents and any type of PDF you’ve ever owned.
- Supports large PDF files.
- Supports encrypted PDF files.
- Extensive PDF Outlines and Hyperlinks support with Back/Forward View features, thus, never forget what page you’ve visited.
- PDF Outlines are displayed in an easy-to-access tree-view control and being highlighted automatically corresponding to the page you’re reading.
- One-Tap bookmarking with smart-bookmark feature.
- Built-in Web Browser based on Safari to help you open Web hyperlinks in your PDF documents without leaving the application.
- Opens your last document and reading page at start-up, thus allows you to continue reading without additional taps.
- PDFs are displayed Full-screen, Single page in Portrait and Two-pages (Book-View mode) in Landscape.
- One-Tap page turning or Swipe your finger as turning a real book.
- Smart-zooming PDF pages uses double-tap or pinch-to-zoom.
- Smart-scrolling to bring you exactly the section you would expect.
- Easy to transfer documents to your iPad using hi-speed USB File Transferring via iTunes or WiFi transferring.
- Prints your PDF documents via AirPrint (required your iPhone running iOS 4.2 and higher).
- Read your confidential documents safely: Whenever your device is unlocked, if you’ve read a password-protected document, you need to re-enter your document password to continue reading.
- Opens PDF documents from other applications such as Safari, Mail, DropBox, MobileMe... etc.
- Organizing your documents using Folders without limiting folder levels (just being limited by iOS).
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
This app is not accessible to VoiceOver users.
Most of the buttons have rather cryptic labels, but a more fundamental problem is that VoiceOver does not recognize the icons that represent PDF files. So, it is impossible to browse or open files with VoiceOver.
I briefly disabled VoiceOver to open the PDF file that is preloaded with the app. Having turned VoiceOver on again, I was able to access the content of the PDF file, but the process was far from intuitive.
This app has a long way to go before it will be accessible.