Due - Reminders & Timers
Description of App
Ever wished you could jot down a task and set up a reminder alert really, really fast? Yeah, we do too.
The beauty of Due lies in its simplicity. There's no account to create, no start or end date to set, no need to prioritize, tag nor categorize.
What there is however are what that matters: a note for your reminder and an alert that is set up in mere seconds.
WATCH THE VIDEO
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"… convenient, low-friction way to set short-term reminders and timers… Focused and thoughtful design" — John Gruber, daringfireball.net
"… passes the highest test I can imagine for an iPhone app: It's so smart, and so pretty, I can't imagine why Apple didn't bake something like it right in." — Bill Barol, boingboing.net
"… one of those missing pieces that should have come in the box when I got my brand new iPhone 4." — Adam Curry, The Big App Show
"Due is simply a must-have app…" — Victor Agreda, Jr, TUAW.com
"… quickly replaced Apple's built-in Clock App for simple time-based alarms, and even Calendar on occasion…" — Rene Ritchie, TiPb.com
"… super clean and super quick way to set up timed reminders for yourself…" — Gizmodo.com
- Super fast - Set up a reminder with alert up to 3x faster than the stock Calendar or Reminder app
- Get to the timings you need in a tap - Bring that file before leaving home in the morning? Return a call at lunch time? With 4 preset and customizable timings, you'll be zipping through the time wheel and getting to what you want in a tap
- Reusable countdown, egg timers - Precise to the second, they are perfect for timing your soft-boiled eggs, coffee brewing and tea steeping. Set them up once and reuse them forever
- Keep track of outstanding tasks with Smart Badges - See at a glance how many tasks you have for the day, or only those you've ignored or missed, or turn off badging if you don't want any
- Never miss any reminders with auto snooze - Repeatedly notifies you of missed reminders until marked done or rescheduled
- Reschedule and defer reminders quickly
- Powerful recurring reminders - Vitamins before bed each night? Pay rent every 2 weeks on Monday? Submit a report on the last weekday of the month? Yup.
- Natural date and time parsing - Create reminders with due date filled in automatically by typing into the title directly eg. Wash the dishes in 30 mins, Leave for badminton at 3pm on Friday
- Track past reminders and quickly create new ones based on expired reminders within the Logbook
- Time Zone Shifting - Receive timely reminders no matter where you are in the world
- 12 great sounding alerts of varying lengths to choose from
- Universal app, looks and works great on both iPhone and iPad
- Keep reminders in sync across your iPhone and iPad with OTA Sync via iCloud or Dropbox
- Backup, email and restore databases
- Undo and redo
- Assignable alert sounds - Assign distinctive alert sound for each reminder; louder and longer ones for important reminders, and subtler ones for less critical reminders.
- Create reminders for your calendar events and todo items from compatible third-party apps such as Week Calendar or Listary and have Due send you right back to where you left off
- Reliable reminders that don't require any Internet connection
- Save 20% of your battery life compared with apps using Push notifications
- Accessible with full VoiceOver support and Large Text setting
- Fully localized for English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Polski, Русский, 한국어, العربية, Português brasileiro, Dansk, Svenska, Norsk (bokmål), 简体中文, 繁體中文 - if you're keen to see Due in your language, contact us at email@example.com
Compatible with iPhone (3GS or later), iPad and iPod touch running iOS 5 or later.
WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or tap 'Feedback' from Settings. follow us on Twitter @dueapp
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The developer has done an excellent job of implementing VoiceOver support in this app (sadly not always the case when VoiceOver is specifically mentioned in the description of a mainstream app).
Everything works exactly as it should - making it easy to navigate and use.
The app itself is also very handy. I particularly like the fact that it will tell you how long has elapsed since a timer finished counting down - an ideal way of knowing exactly how overdone those cakes are likely to be!
The control and flexibility of reminders is also very good - I can imagine this working very well for keeping track of when you need to take any medication.
1 people have recommended this app
I just looked on the app store, and found that this app now has support for Apple Watch.
I just got this app, and I really love it. It's going to be very helpful to me, because I tend to forget things a lot. I'm definitely going to try to nag feature. Grin.
I just got this app, because I thought it'd be useful to remind me to do stuff around the house. So far, it's working well but when I try to change the default sound to something else, I get prompted to buy more sounds with more intervals for $2.99. I believe you should be able to change the default sound without having this happen. There's a huge bunch of sounds available, but I can't change it without being prompted to buy more stuff. Am I missing something?
Here's part of an email the developer sent me. Jim,
Thanks for the kind comments regarding Alarmed :)
I’m really glad you are liking the VoiceOver support, however I need your help! I’ve always tried to make Alarmed really VoiceOver friendly. In the latest update, I ran into a few issues. One in particular is that several important functions are in the “swipe-left” menu on an item. At one point I had figured out how to do this in VoiceOver, but now I am having troubles getting it to work. I also had problems in dismissing the swipe-left menu once I had activated it. To be clear, this is the menu that appears in most apps that is commonly known as “swipe to delete”. In Alarmed, there are more options than just delete. Can you get this to work?
Also, I would be very interested in any comments on areas that need improvement. Did I forget to label any buttons? Are the VoiceOver hints and labels done correctly?
As far as Errands, when I next update it I will add better VoiceOver support, but for now my attention is on Alarmed.
I see another app called Alarmed being spoken about, is this another name for the same app? Or is Alarmed another app completely? I feel like I just wasted 5 bucks.