Description of App:
Drafts, where text starts on iOS. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
Apple Watch support!
Macworld, Eddy Award Winner, 5 Mice!
Lifehacker Pack for iPhone/iPad
Best of 2014 on MacStories, TUAW and more!
“Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline to tweet or post to Facebook. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
LATEST iOS 8 & DEVICE SUPPORT
- Apple Watch app to capture text, view inbox and archive/delete/append/prepend drafts.
- Share extension to quickly capture text from other apps.
- Share support lets you output drafts to other apps providing extensions.
- Optimized experience for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in both portrait and landscape.
EDITING & STORAGE
- Simple, distraction-free editing environment supports landscape editing.
- Light, Dark and Sepia themes.
- Support use of any font installed the device for editing.
- Unique "Arrange" feature lets you reorder lines by drag and drop.
- Markdown and Social syntax highlighting modes.
- Universal app syncs across your devices using Apple's new CloudKit.
- Version histories for drafts allow you to browse and rollback to previous versions.
- Optionally track creation, modification location data for your drafts.
- Search full text.
- Word and character counts.
- Link mode makes phones numbers, emails, links and address you have captured into tappable links.
- Integrates with system services to send text, including Mail, Messages, Calendar, Reminders and more.
- Post to Twitter, Facebook, Path & Google+. Drafts is the best place to keep those status updates you are still working on, or to cross-post to multiple social sites.
- Create, Append and Prepend to files/notes in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive & Evernote.
- Multi-step actions let you combine multiple steps easily. Post to Twitter and log to Dropbox in one tap. Add to your journal and email in one tap. Many more possibilities.
- Almost all Drafts action steps are now more powerful and customizable, with additional templates and tags.
- Forward text to other apps which support URL schemes.
- Markdown support is better than ever with updated built-in preview styles, and the ability to create as many custom style preview as you want.
- Actions sync across devices.
Drafts is one of the most actively developed apps on the App Store. We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/App.net/Facebook, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For documentation and help, visit: http://help.agiletortoise.com.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This works extremely well with VoiceOver. And, based upon the frequency that VoiceOver fixes and improvements get a mention in release notes, it seems that the developers are committed to keeping it this way.