News360: Personalized News
Submitted by Soupy on Monday, May 20, 2013.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Description of App
News360 gathers news articles and blog posts around the web and, by learning what you enjoy, brings you content that you’ll find interesting and important.Featured by Apple in “New & Noteworthy”, “What’s Hot” As you discover and read great stories, the artificial intelligence behind News360 learns what kinds of articles you prefer and, with your permission, can analyze how you use Facebook, Twitter and other services to help tailor the news feeds to your interests. The more you use News360 - the smarter it gets. In addition, for every major story, News360 provides coverage from all possible sources combining text, photography and video to give you a full, 360° view of the issues and to help you identify bias and inaccuracy.
- "Apps We Like: News360" — The Wall Street Journal
- #"News360 is excellent, innovative, and free" — The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- “News360 is changing the content delivery game” — Robert Scoble
- A beautiful interface that allows you to quickly scan headlines, preview stories and dive deep into the content
- More than 50,000 sources, from the top national news providers, to local and niche sites and blogs
- The Home feed - stories from the day’s headline news and your specific interests are merged together into a single stream, so that you don’t have to jump between sources and topics to avoid missing anything important
- A flexible and smart personalization system, so that you can tailor your news however you want, by choosing the topics, sources, companies and people you want to follow, and News360 will pick up on the nuances of your interests as you read
- Synchronize your interests and saved stories with News360 on your phone or at news360.com
- Local news using GPS
- Tons of sharing and export options
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The fact that you can't even get past the initial splash screens and setup when using VoiceOver should be enough to tell you that accessibility has not been high on the developer's list of priorities. This is confirmed when you get to the main area of the app (which will require either sighted help or some lucky poking and prodding of the screen) where a number of custom gestures and controls have been implemented with no support for VoiceOver. At best, you will be able to read one or two articles - browsing of stories will not be an option.
VoiceOver reads a few page elements.
Few buttons are clearly labeled.
Some parts of the app are accessible with VoiceOver, but not enough to make it usable.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app