Wotja: Generative Music
Description of App
For free, use Wotja to create generative music, melodies, ideas and soundscapes. Use it for musical fun, inspiration, experimentation, relaxation and even sleep. As the Wotja 'experience' is generated live on your device you can use it offline, too!
POWERFUL, DEEP & UNIQUE
• Create live & adaptive music, melodies, ideas & MIDI using generative and text-to-music techniques
• Experiment with generative music composition, sound design, soundscape mixing & scripting
• Generate & play beautiful ambient music for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & mindfulness
• Make 'cut-up' text ideas for song lyrics, haiku, poetry & creative writing
WOTJA USER REVIEWS
"Masterpiece", "the best generative software that I have ever used", "Brilliant", "Extremely musical", "Deep and professional", "best MIDI composition tool", "Love Wotja!"
• 'Flow' for mix-after-mix of live relaxing music & melodies
• 'Add New' > Album (Automatic) for an album of mixes
• 'Add New' > Mix (Automatic) for an editable mix
• Create, edit, save & export mixes, albums, sound & FX networks, scripts & cut-up text
• 'Flow' mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• 'Randomization Schemes' to change the feel of automatic mixes (Flow, Albums etc.) & randomly select Sounds & FX
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• Built-in 'Calm' & 'Relax’ Albums of specially created relaxing music mixes
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1', a port of the popular open-source sound generator from Mutable Instruments, plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• IME 'Text-to-Music' capability for melody generation
• Support for MIDI In/Out, SF2, Dark/Light UI, iCloud, IAA/Audiobus etc.
• Mixdown recording to WAV, MIDI & Video
• Lots more...
* AVAILABLE FEATURE SETS
• 'Free Mode' (Default, no subscription required): Music Play Time Timeout ('MPTT'), simply press play to restart - 10 mins for Built-in Albums 'Calm' & 'Relax', up to 10 mins for Flow/User Albums and 1 min for all Mix Editing modes; mixdown recording to audio/video only, max 30 seconds; Ch1 MIDI In/Out only; album editing restrictions etc.
• 'Pro' (In-App Subscription): 8 hours MPTT & unlocks multi-channel MIDI In/Out and all other limitations
• See our website for full details on Wotja Feature Sets
DON’T LIKE SUBSCRIPTIONS?
We have paid-for versions in the App Store, too!
Subscription Groups 1 and 2 are *independent* of each other.
Group 1: Feature Set
• $0.99 'Pro' - Unlocks the 'Pro' Feature Set
Group 2: Long Play ('LP')
An active LP Subscription will disable the Music Play Time Timeout (MPTT) for any Feature Set:
• $3.99 'LP Personal': MPTT: Disabled; Personal Use Only
• $9.99 'LP Biz 1': MPTT: Disabled; B1 Commercial Use
• Prices shown are for US region and may change from time to time.
• Each Subscription Period is 1 month, auto-renewing.
• Long Play tiers: Check EULA for permitted use.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, Wotja is the continued evolution of the legendary 'SSEYO Koan', Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for nearly 30 years.
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Totally inaccessible. After asking whether you want to store files on iCloud or only on the device, you are taken to the main part of the app, which VoiceOver treats as a blank screen.
I contacted the developer about the lack of accessibility of this app. Here is part of their response.
“You are correct in your understanding that previous versions of Wotja (specifically Wotja A 2018) had VoiceOver support. The no-longer available "Wotja A” apps were built on a different underlying platform to the "Wotja X” apps. For Wotja V19 we had to move all development to the platform in Wotja X which unfortunately has (at present) no support for VoiceOver. We had to move to this platform because it was the only platform that give us the ability to deploy Wotja on iOS, macOS, Windows and Android and, having one code base to work with, meant we could move it forwards faster and at the time have a chance at keeping those versions in sync.
I appreciate that the above explanation does not help you at all, but at least you know more about why it is that things are as they are… I appreciate it means you may not be able to use Wotja V19 and I can but hope that future versions of the platform we use may add support for VoiceOver...”
Note, the developer has now made the old version available for VoiceOver users.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
where can we download this accessible version?
If you look at his comments, you will see the link to the older version.
I totally missed it. I read it as the older version was available on the appstore, which it isn't, i tried to find it yesterday.
Sadly, the old version is unavailable for download.