Description of App
iCast is the must have app for the internet broadcaster wanting to take their show on the road. Used by both the seasoned broadcaster and those seeking an entry point into the world of online broadcasting; iCast is popular amongst field correspondents to stream live interviews and is also used in a variety of not so obvious environments such as theme parks to provision live roaming announcers throughout their facilities, auctioneers use it to broadcast auctions to remote bidders and community event hosts stream live over the Internet. Use it stand alone with just your phone, add an external microphone or headset and even plug it into your compatible mixer in the studio, the possibilities are endless.
• SAM Vibe - Integration with SAM Vibe cloud hosting
• Station Configuration Synchronisation - Synchronise your station configuration between all your devices running iCast
• Inter-App Audio & Audiobus - Stream audio from other inter-app audio and Audiobus compatible apps, such as Loopy HD
• Input Monitoring - Stream with confidence knowing exactly what you are broadcasting
• Dynamics Processor - Maintain control over the dynamic range to sound like a professional
• Equaliser - Maintain control over the frequency response to ensure a perfect quality show no matter how low your audio quality settings
• UV Meter - Visually monitor the input level to ensure minimal clipping occurs
• Facebook & Twitter - Let your listeners know when you are broadcasting via Facebook and Twitter
• AAC, AAC+ & Ogg Vorbis Codecs - Broadcast using the leading commercial and open source audio formats
• Listener Statistics - Monitor your listener count in realtime
• Slide to Connect with On Air Status - Never accidentally connect or disconnect and immediately know your current on air status
• Shoutcast 1+2 & Icecast 2 - Stream using your favourite and up to date server platform
• Background Broadcasting - Continue broadcasting whilst looking up information using Safari or checking your email
• Automatic Reconnect - Broadcast with confidence knowing that iCast will reconnect after minor connection dropouts
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
I'm truly amazed indeed! this app is 100% accessible! VoiceOver tip, to slide to connect, double tap and hold, wait for the sound, then slide either to the right to go on-air, or to the left to go off-air. all buttons are clearly labeled, and it is truly accessible with no problems at all!
for the beginner or advanced broadcaster who has a visual impairment and is running voiceover, this app is for you! I tested it to see
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
I can't remember if the podcast went over this, but can it archive the stream? or will I have to rely on someone else to do it, or heaven for bid wget which will work until the stream stops. Lol! If it does archive streams can I transfer it to my computer with itunes share etc?
Hi sarah, regarding the archiving, no, but if you download boss jock studio, you could pach it through the app and you can record the stream from their. I hope that answers your question.
Hmm Is the thing easy to set up? I have had boss jock for 2 years and have loved it I don't know anything about how to set up that integrated apps or what ever you called it on the podcast.nAlsoI am not planning on monitoring so I can't ware headphones during the event(s). Hmm I might suggest archival to the dev and see what he says. We'll see.
attempting to connect to an ice cast server and the password I have but the source I don't appear to have. Am I missing something and also does it need the http protocol in front of the hostname?
from the review on appstore, this app has also some controllers to verify voice quality.
Are also these accessible?