Description of App:
Suddenly, the lights dim in the plane. You can no longer see. You only have the sound of the plane whizzing past the cliffs to guide you. Enter StealthFly.
StealthFly is a single-player/multi-player endless runner game for the visually impaired which relies on sound to create obstacles. You use the phone's
gyroscope to move around obstacles.
You can play the game by yourself or let the game pair you with a buddy to race against.
How does it work?
- When the sound gets higher, the obstacle is on your right.
- When the sound gets lower, the obstacle is on your left.
- Tilt your phone to avoid the obstacles!
- If you crash first, you are defeated!
- Allow user to create a friends-list and initiate games with individuals from the list.
- Implement opponent-created obstacles, such as projectiles launched by the enemy player.
- Add a voice prompting option for the start-menu and creating a game.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This is very accessible and VoiceOver friendly to use.
This is a very generic audio game that you will need some patience and will take some time to get a hang of playing. It can be frustrating at first as you will need to learn how to steer away and to certain sounds. The sounds are nothing impressive at all nor has any really engaging game play. Although for some it will be fun to beat and challenge yourself in how far you can go. The multiplayer mode will also be an interesting to use as you will challenge to another user and see who can stay alive the longest. It will be interesting how long it would take to wait for a player that is online and ready to play.