Pocket MUD Pro
Description of App
Now available on iPhone AND iPad!
Pocket MUD Pro is the fastest and most feature-rich MUD client on the iPhone! Not only does it beautifully render MUD text with full ANSI color support, it also has all of the features of a full blown desktop MUD client.
Here are just some of the major features included with Pocket MUD Pro.
- Support for all orientations
- Full ANSI color support
- Dedicated prompt
- Zoomable Text View
- Perfect rendering of MUD text (check out the maps)
- Very fast
- Hides Telnet codes from the user (unlike every other MUD client)
- Autoconnect on startup
- List of MUDS
- Favorite List
- Unlimited Command history
- Quickly cycle through command history
- Triggers using the lua scripting language
- Text Command Alias
- Lua scripted aliases
- Timer Support
- Background support. Stay connected for up to 10 minutes after you close the application.
- Support for multiple commands separated by semicolons
- Comes packed with a list of some of the most popular muds
- In-App Documentation of triggers and aliases
- Ability to play sounds when triggers fire
- Ability to gag extraneous text, which is extremely helpful for visually impaired players.
- Customizable buttons to send commands or run lua code
- Dedicated send button preventing the keyboard from dismissing
- Client-Side Text wrapping
- Customizable health/mana/etc bars
Full documentation can be found at http://brandontreb.com/apps/pocket-mud-pro/pocketmud-docs.html
If you have issues with a specific MUD, please email email@example.com and we can work towards a solution.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app works great with voiceover, at the bottom of the screen you can either hide or show the keyboard to type the commands, when you touch the upper part of the screen you will be able to hear the text that the mud is displaying and when your focus is in this part of the screen everytime a new text comes in vo will read it automaticaly. there are a lot of muds available to choose from and you can easily add new ones. I have used a bluetooth keyboard to play the muds and its perfect!
I have tried the TMC app and although its usable this one is much more recommended, with all these features you have the same functionality of a full mud client in the palm of your hand. The only issue i had with the app was related to accents, Im from Brazil and the accents aren't working, but for english muds there are no problems at all.
2 people have recommended this app
The description for this app mentions lua scripting, so I wonder if it could be made to play the Alter Aeon mud with the sound pack: I haven't bought either this or Mudrammer yet because I'm still looking into certain things.
I highly doubt the iPhone could fit the entirity of the MushZ Alter aeon soundpack. Even then, I think there's more than triggers that go into that.
Hi is this app still in development? I used to use it ages ago. I myself am looking for something that will read the text automatically but I did ok with pocket mud pro back ages ago. So, if I have too I will get mud rammer but in the meantime I would like to find this again if its still in development.
I hav not tried the ap but I use pocket mud hosting for my coffemud server and it is fabulous! It is reasonably priced, as you may know java eats memory and I don't have to worry about any of it with Pocket Mud hosting. They set it up for me and do the upgrades and I am auto paying so I thik it is between 12 and 14 dollars a month and you get a webpage with it. They usually do joomla but I asked for druple and they put that in for me. So, if you are looking for a host, the same people that do the pocketmud client, have a kick-a** game hosting company too.