Description of App:
Put a salad bar in your iPod Touch or iPhone! It's the latest food app from Maverick Software, the creators of the hits Cupcakes!, More Sundaes!, More Toast! and More Pizza!Our first big free update is here! We listened to your requests and added:
- Taco salad ingredients - edible tortilla bowl, taco meat, salsa (red & green), sour cream and guacamole!
- Honey mustard dressing
- More ingredients - grilled steak, zucchini, parmesan cheese
- A salad-meter option with worldwide rankings!
- Grilled chicken is now sliced
- Options to hide non-veggies, have stronger tossing, and put all the ingredients in a single list
More Salad! gives you all the ingredients you need to make, eat, and share virtual salads.First, pick your favorite plate, then load up with 50 different salad fixings, from all kinds of greens to veggies, fruit, nuts, and cheeses. Put as much or as little as you want on your plate, then shake your phone to toss it together!Next, you can pour on 7 dressings, including classics like ranch, italian, french, caesar, thousand island, blue cheese, and oil & vinegar. If you want to coat your salad with dressing, toss it again!Finally, add toppings like tofu, bacon bits, grilled chicken, salmon, or croutons.When you're done, you can virtually eat your salad, a bite at a time. Or email a photo (even including an automatically built recipe card!) to a friend.You've made cupcakes, toast, and pizzas on your phone, now it's time for a salad!More Salad Features:
- 50 ingredients: iceberg lettuce, mixed greens, bibb lettuce, spinach, romaine, endive, red leaf lettuce, baby carrots, cucumbers, croutons, bacon bits, cherry tomatoes, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peanuts, almonds, sliced tomatoes, black olives, green olives, mushrooms, green peppers, broccoli, purple onions, hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, pickles, anchovies, blue cheese, shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, shredded carrots, cottage cheese, feta cheese, kiwi, ham, grilled chicken, tofu, grilled shrimp, salmon, pepperoncini, apple slices, jalapenos, celery, sun dried tomatoes, radishes, red peppers, green peas
- 7 salad dressings: ranch, italian, french, caesar, thousand island, blue cheese, and oil & vinegar
- Save photos of your creations to your photo album or email them to friends
- Automatic recipe cards you can optionally mail with your photo
- 15 plates and 12 tablecloths
- Multiple level undo when adding salad ingredients & toppings
If you have suggestions for new features or toppings, post a review and let us know!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Another great food ap from Maverick, if you can swipe and tap you can master this easily. First choose a plate from a clearly labeled list, unfortunately you're not given colours, which would have been nice, but you can choose one. Now click on "Make a Salad" and you will see several pages of salad fixings. As you select what you want to addd, turn VO off and swipe or touch the centre of your screen where the plate is to add the item. When you have created your perfect salad, shake the phone or press the "Toss" button to mix it. now add dressing. Choose from the list, turn off VO and gently swipe to add. Next press Add Toppings. Choose your topping, turn off VO and touch the centre of the screen to sprinkle each one on. If you'd like a picture and a recipe card of your perfect creation before you eat it, one will be saved to your photo album. When you're ready to eat, press the eat button, turn off VO and touch to take a bite!
Unfortunately I have found a problem with this and all Maverick Software games. It is proving much more difficult to do a three-fingered swipe to turn pages which will enable access to more ingredients. While it can be done with patience it makes the game much more of a hit and miss affair and makes it much harder to play and less fun. I am therefore sadly changing the rating.