Description of App
The official iPhone application from Starbucks! Now you can use Mobile Pay for your Starbucks purchases. It’s the fastest way to pay at Starbucks – just scan and go!
But that’s not all! With Starbucks for iPhone, you can manage your Starbucks Card balance, reload your card, track your Stars in the My Starbucks Rewards program and send an eGift to a friend. And there’s more!
Our easy-to-navigate store locator points you to the closest store and lets you search by amenities. You can also explore our whole bean coffees, find nutrition information and build your own perfect drink. And if you feel like being social, you can share your location or favorite drinks through Facebook and Twitter integrations.
- My Cards: Pay with your iPhone/iPod Touch at 6,800 U.S. company–operated Starbucks and 2,000 Target and Safeway locations. Check your Starbucks Card balance, reload your card, view your transaction history and transfer balances between cards.
- My Rewards: Track your Stars in the My Starbucks Rewards program.
- eGift: Send an eGift to a friend via email or Facebook wall post.
- Store Locator: Find the closest stores, directions, store hours and amenities.
- Drink Builder: Create and share your perfect Starbucks beverages.
- Food Menu: Browse our delicious food menu and see detailed nutritional info and ingredients. Use calorie and allergen filters to help find foods that meet your health and wellness needs.
- Coffee Menu: Explore Starbucks whole been coffee and find your perfect cup. Starbucks Roast Spectrum sorts our coffees by three roast profiles to help you find the flavor and intensity that is perfect for you.
- Jobs: Find job opportunities with one of FORTUNE’S 100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. Great jobs with competitive pay and perks are available in stores, roasting plants and in supporting roles all across the United States.
We want to hear from you! Go to www.mystarbucksidea.com to contribute your opinion on what Starbucks should do next.
w in Version 2.2
* Speed and performance improvements
- Reload experience is now optimized for easier auto reload set up
- PayPal introduced for Auto Reload
- Coffee experience redesigned, introducing our new coffee profiles Blonde, Medium and Dark
- Integration with Twitter and iOS 5
- Card, My Starbucks Rewards and Store Locator optimized for accessibility
Switching from the Starbucks Card Mobile app? Before you delete your old Starbucks Card Mobile app and begin using the Starbucks app, make sure you register your Starbucks Cards to avoid losing your balances.
- Open the Starbucks Card Mobile app.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Starbucks Cards Account.
- Select Create An Account.
- Fill in the information requested. (Your username is your email address.)
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
2 people have recommended this app
Dear Janit, Thank you for taking the time last march to submit your thoughts regarding the official Starbucks App and its accessibility relative to VoiceOver. Unfortunately, I have just found that the most current version available in the app store is completely inaccessible. I have sent a letter to Starbucks and I'll copy the text below. Thanks again, Chris Hello, I am writing to comment specifically on the accessibility of your official Starbucks app for the iPhone. Recently, I had the idea of downloading the Starbucks app on to my iPhone so I could more easily manage my Starbucks card. I am blind and I use Apple’s program for people who are blind and visually impaired called VoiceOver. I was honestly stunned when I clicked on the app and found that it is completely unusable under VoiceOver. VoiceOver is shipped with every Apple product using I believe iOS 4 or later. I should state at this point that I did do a little research and found that as of last march, Version 1.5.2 was reasonably accessible, despite a few problems. The app currently available in the app store (Version 2.1.2 posted on December 19, 2011) is not accessible at all. Starbucks has done a lot of great things for people who are disabled. I’ve read numerous news articles highlighting blind people working at various Starbucks locations across the country. Recently, Starbucks sold a line of gift cards with the word “Starbucks” presented in perfectly legible Braille. This really made a positive impact on a lot of blind individuals and sighted people alike. I would like to encourage Starbucks to take the next step. Do the research, allocate the appropriate resources, and make the Starbucks App accessible and useable by your blind and visually impaired customers. I recently read an article which stated that over 47 percent of cell phone users in America use Smart Phones. I know from personal experience that far more than 47 percent of blind people use iPhones because of their inherent accessibility and usability. And I certainly know a lot of blind people who love Starbucks and would love it more if they could access the company via the app. To learn how blind people interact with VoiceOver, check out the following link: www.apple.com/accessibility/iphone/vision.html. Also, Apple has provided a guide for developers on how to make their applications accessible at http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/iPhoneAccessibility/Introducti... Additional information for developing apps that are accessible to VoiceOver users can be found at www.applevis.com/information-app-developers I look forward to communicating with Starbucks representatives so that we can work together to make Starbucks the most open and friendly experience it can be, whether at the coffee shop or on line. Thanks very much, Chris Foster