How To Cook Everything
Description of App
This first-of-its-kind app of New York Times columnist Mark Bittman’s bestselling cookbook of the same name has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features designed especially for the iPad user.
This app was created to make the most of the iPad’s size, shape, and capabilities — to make your iPad an essential kitchen companion.
When you purchase this app, you will have the ability to run it both on your iPad and iPhone — although some features are specific to the iPad.
- The content of Mark Bittman’s award-winning book, including 2,000 recipes and recipe variations — plus his no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas
- Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information
- Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow — from any angle.
- Inspiring photos for weekly featured recipes (iPad)
- Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients — and whatever other groceries you need at home
- The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump rapidly among recipes (iPad)
- The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric
- Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps
- A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad)
- A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad)
- Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad)
- A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad)
- Print recipes and shopping lists
- Add recipes to calendars
- Email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends
- Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Quick Dinners, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes
- Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
- Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that’s your preference
Finally, an important point: All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don’t have a network connection.
The How to Cook Everything app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide. When run on the iPhone or iPod Touch, this app works identically to the How to Cook Everything for iPhone app. Some features are available only on the iPad.
"The bells-and-whistles of this app are what make it a must-buy, from grocery lists you can email to how-to illustrations. Bittman also makes it nearly impossible to mess up a dish—each recipe step has a built in timer so there’s less chance you’ll forget how long your osso bucco has been cooking." —Bon Appetit
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
1 people have recommended this app
Is this app anymore accessible today, with so much time passing? Thank you. I was debating whether to buy it.