Description of App
Over 1.6 million downloads!
Winner: Best Mobile Application 2009 (American Society of Magazine Editors)
This app from award-winning food site Epicurious.com includes over 28,000 delicious, professionally tested recipes from renowned magazines such as Bon Appétit and Gourmet, popular cookbooks, top chefs, and leading restaurants. The app works on both the iPhone and iPad, giving you an experience optimized for whichever device you're currently using.
ONE APP, TWO DEVICES, LOADS OF FEATURES:
- BROWSE our most popular recipe collections, from Weeknight Dinners to Cool Cocktails.
- SEARCH food or drink recipes by keyword, or swipe through icons to filter by what's in your fridge, what's healthy, what's in season, and more.
- ACCESS hundreds of thousands of recipe ratings and reviews from Epicurious members.
- SAVE recipes to your personal Favorites list.
- SHOP with interactive shopping lists that let you check off items as you find them at the store.
- E-MAIL any recipe or shopping list to yourself, family, or friends.
- COOK with help from your iPad or iPhone: Both devices offer kitchen-friendly views that make it easy to follow recipes step by step.
The iPad version of this integrated app has some special additional features, including:
- NEW INTERFACE designed for the larger iPad screen.
- FULL-SCREEN COOKBOOK VIEW displays ingredients, photos, and prep steps: You can even bookmark preparation steps as you cook.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION for thousands of recipes.
- ENHANCED SORTING lets you browse recipes by user ratings, alphabetical order, or what's new.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is mostly accessible.
One problem is that when you first enter into a category it seems that VoiceOver will not read the first recipe unless you tap in the box that contains it (the box fills about two-thirds of the screen, so it is easy to locate). If you were to start at the top left of the screen and simply flick right until you can go no further, you would not be aware that an actual recipe was present on the screen. However, once you have 'found' that first recipe, VoiceOver will read any other recipe that you navigate to in that same category.
The buttons in this app are also very poorly labelled. However, in most cases it is fairly easy to work out what they are.
0 people have recommended this app