Halifax Mobile Banking
Description of App
The Halifax Mobile Banking app makes it easier than ever to keep track of your Halifax UK personal accounts on the move.
Even if you’re not a Halifax customer, you can still use the app to find Halifax branches and cash machines and LINK ATMs in the UK.
- Find Halifax branches and cash machines, or LINK ATMs in the UK
- Sign in with your usual Online Banking details
- View account balances and recent transactions
- Set up and make payments.
- And enjoy a high level of security.
If you’re already a Halifax personal Online Banking customer, you don’t need to register to use the app’s Mobile Banking services. Simply sign in with your normal Online Banking details wherever you have a signal. If you haven’t registered for Online Banking, you can do so through the app.
Keeping you safe online
We try to make sure you’re safe while banking online. We use advanced security technologies and have an online banking guarantee. So you won’t be out-of-pocket even if you're a victim of online fraud.
You can help protect yourself too with these simple tips:
- Always use your mobile device’s security lock or PIN.
- Switch off Bluetooth unless you’re using it.
- Be careful about opening MMS attachments, such as picture messages. They can contain viruses.
- Don’t accept or open any apps or MMS messages from someone you don’t know.
- Look for the padlock icon at the top of your mobile screen - you’re protected when it’s locked.
- Find out what security software might be available from your mobile provider.
- Treat mobile security as seriously as you treat desktop security.
This app and Mobile Banking are designed for use in the UK. We don’t charge you for using this app but your mobile operator may charge for some services. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality.
The Branch/ATM finder uses location based services. We, LINK Scheme and/or Google may get data about your location (i.e. GPS signals from your mobile device) or data that can be used to approximate your location (such as your mobile ID).
The Mobile Banking service in this app is available to our UK personal Online Banking customers only. Use of it is subject to our Online Banking terms and conditions http://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/onlineconditions.asp.
This app and Mobile Banking are operated by Bank of Scotland plc (registered in Scotland (no. SC327000) registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
I was able to view my accounts, view balances, view transactions and make transfers with this account.
However, there is one fairly significant problem for VoiceOver users. When you open the app you are taken to the app's home screen, from which you can login to mobile banking, search for nearby ATMs or branches, see recently viewed branches, view favourite branches or go to the More page. This is all fine, but once you go to any of those sections there is no way back. Each section has a menu bar at the bottom of the page containing the following links
VoiceOver does not recognize this menu bar. What you can do is briefly disable VoiceOver and then tap in the bottom left of the screen, and hope that you manage to tap on the Home button.
0 people have recommended this app