Description of App:
From the app store:
Universal access to the world’s best education.
With Coursera, education is free, open, online - and now mobile!
Coursera connects students, professionals, and lifelong learners everywhere with free online courses from over 100 top-tier global universities and institutions. Browse our catalog, join courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors anytime, anywhere. Learn anytime, anywhere–from computer science to cooking and beyond.
- Browse over 800 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
- Addition of On-Demand courses which let you learn at your own pace
- Join courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
- Learn from top instructors representing more than 115 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
- Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing
- Easily pick up where you left off in a course, from the coursera.org website seamlessly to the mobile app
- Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
- Subtitles available in all courses' native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available
The Coursera app is the official companion to the Coursera.org website; catch up on lectures and prepare for assignments online and on-the-go!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Easier than some fee-based platforms. After you log in your courses immediately appear. Once you select a course, you can easily locate a particular section, video or quiz.
Coursera is a MOOC, a Massively open online course platform. All courses are free; you pay only if you want credit. You have to sign up for your courses on their site, but after that, you can see them and work through their content through the app. I find Coursera far more accessible than Moodle, Blackboard or Canvas, the other LMS e-learning systems I've tried -- and it's free.
One word of warning: it won't work on anything below iOS7. My iPOD can't download it and the app was developed after iOS7 came out so no earlier versions exist.