Collins Thesaurus of the English Language
Description of App
Looking for the definitive English language thesaurus for the Mac?
HarperCollins, one of the world's most respected dictionary publishers for over 175 years, and Innovative Language Learning, a leader in online and mobile application language learning, have teamed up to bring you just that.
This app is packed with over 310,000 English words, synonyms, and antonyms, but one thing it's not packed with is complexity. While many large reference applications pile on complex features and functions, we strove to streamline Collins Thesaurus of the English Language and make it the fastest and easiest English language thesaurus application available.
With a clean and elegant user interface, you'll be impressed at how quickly you can search and browse entries and easily bookmark words by starring them.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language was designed from the ground up to get you the information you need without getting in your way.
- over 310,000 English words, synonyms, antonyms pulled from the highly respected Collins Corpus database.
- quickly browse alphabetically using the convenient letter tabs along the top of the app.
- search begins as soon as you start typing in the search field, so you get results almost immediately.
- handy navigation buttons let you go back and forth through screens you previously visited. If you've ever used a web browser, you'll feel right at home.
- automatically saves words you expand to your history, saving you the time and trouble of having to repeat searches or browsing.
- easily star words to bookmark them for quick access later in one convenient place
- a handy number converter. Simply pull up the converter, enter the number you want to know how to read, and the converter will spell it out in words for you.
- step-by-step "Collins Help" guide for using the app and developer contact info under the Help Menu
Free or Paid
Version Of OS X App Was Tested On