Description of App:
How much food do you have in your home?Organize and prepare with the app that makes planning and meeting your home food storage goals easy.Home Food Storage will help you whether you're just starting or are well-established.Barcode Scanning - NEW!
- Fast barcode scanning with auto-focus camera models (iPhone 3GS or newer; iPod Touch 4th Gen or newer).
- Manual barcode number entry/search available for all models.
- Online lookup with details on 10,000+ everyday items. You may also opt-in and contribute back item details for new or unknown items.
- Track items with quantity, weight, expiration date, shelf life, consumption rates and more
- Organize items into a flexible hierarchy to provide an at-a-glance perspective of your storage at multiple levels
- Can handle every type of everyday item, including money.
- Personalize your plan based on family size
- Set specific time goals and amounts for different item types
- Set quantity goals on individual items
- Plan item usage based on shelf life and expected consumption rate
- Download selected Emergency Preparedness documents and have them available at a moment's notice.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
VoiceOver reads all page elements, and all buttons appear to be labelled.Using a barcode scanner is always likely to be an issue for a blind user, but the one in this app appeared to be better than some, as it automatically recognizes and captures barcodes.I did find the interface a little hard to follow in places. There is a lot going on, and the app could certainly benefit from having hints added to some buttons.