Description of App:
*Supports local notifications for Adhan alerts on iOS 4+ for iPhone/iPod/iPad*
alQibla provides you with an easy tool to precisely determine the direction of qibla from any location around the world and calculate the prayer times for your city.
1. Prayer Times based on your calculation method & location (detects automatically and allows searching and saving locations too).
2. Prayer Times Notifications based for all prayers including one for before Fajr.
3. Notifications can have different Adhan for each prayer.
4. It uses iPhone's/iPod's built in location services to determine your location and gives you the direction to Qibla on a Map.
5. Find the Qibla direction from any address using the search feature.
6. It also allows you to find Prayer Times for the following calculation methods:
-Ja'fari Ithna Asheri
-University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi
-Islamic society of North America (ISNA)
-Muslim World League (MWL)
-Umm al-Qura, Makkah
-Egyptian General Authority of Survey
-Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran
-Custom Method (To add custom angles and minutes to prayer times)
7. Prayer times tuner to make adjustments and share monthly prayer timetable with your friends/family/relatives.
8. View Prayer Times in Arabic, French, Turkish and English.
9. Includes a graphical compass for iPhone 3Gs + devices with the compass hardware.
Search could use the following formats:
1. Full address or Zip code (example: NJ 08544)
2. Cities, states, and continents (examples: France, Tehran)
3. Famous places (example: Masjid Ul Haram)
4. Coordinates (example: +38 34′ 24″, -80 32′ 57″)
1. iPhone OS 4.3+ installed with Location Services (Settings > General > Location Services) turned ON.
2. Also requires either a WiFi or a 3G network to load the map tiles.
3. For prayer time adhan notifications iOS4+ is required.
Please write reviews for the app as it would help me improve and add more features.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
The app is completely accessible, with the exception of a few buttons. However, I didn't find these problems to be a significant barrier that prohibits the user from enjoying its fantastic capabilities. I was impressed with its accessibility, particularly the notification options and the ease of finding the prayer times on its main screen.
AlQibla is a useful app for those of the Islamic faith. Auditory notifications make it especially helpful for praying on time, alleviating the concerns of continual memorization of the hours in which prayers are necessary. One of the advantageous functions of AlQibla is the types of notifications: The user can choose to have prayer times sent through a text message, he or she could be alerted by an alarm, or by a system sound. It brings with it the technical and the non-technical aspects that come about prior to prayers, making it an awesome, ideal app to install.