Description of App:
There are a few apps that aim to help you navigate public transport in the UK, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest.” - iPod User magazine
- A train traveller’s godsend. ****” - PC Advisor Magazine
- Our favourite feature is Next train home that looks up your nearest station and checks the time of the next train you can catch to your home station. ****” - MacFormat magazine
UK Train Times provides real-time journey planning for journeys across the National Rail network and live departure information for all National Rail stations. This is a fully-licensed application powered by National Rail Enquiries’ real-time data feeds. The app was previously known as “National Rail Enquiries for iPhone”.
- Powerful real-time journey planner for single or return journeys across the National Rail network, with departure platform information (where available).
- Next Train Home’ feature automatically finds your nearest station and plans your journey home.
- If you’re searching for trains today, you’ll be told about any delays or cancellations to your chosen trains and given the option to find alternative journeys.
- Live departures and arrivals at all National Rail stations, with platform information (where available*) and live train progress.
- Add multiple stations to the app’s Home Screen for one-touch access to their live departures. Simply choose a station in ‘Live Departures & Arrivals’ and hit ‘Save’ to create a new favourite.
- Automatically find your nearest stations or select one of your recently used stations, and then find directions via the iPhone’s Maps application.
You can view a full demonstration of the application on YouTube, or at nationalrail.co.uk/iphone
Please note that the Live Departure and Journey Planner features require an active mobile network connection when starting a new search, but Journey Planner search results are automatically saved for use when outside of mobile network coverage.
Platform number information is not available for all stations in UK Train Times. To find out if a particular station will display platform numbers in the application’s “Live Departures & Arrivals” section, please view that station in the Live Departures and Arrivals section of the nationalrail.co.uk web site. If platform information is displayed on the web site, it will also be displayed in UK Train Times.
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: My most used app. I Check all my journeys and the planner is a must have. If you were worried about the £4.99, don't be...Its fully accessible. Platform numbers are not always shown for the bigger stations.