Description of App
Tweet is a very fast and very stable twitter client for the iPhone and iPod. It offers simplicity for the novice twitter user and very powerful features for the expert.
- Custom color read, unread text and background of tweets
- Assign custom colors for each different person you follow
- Up to 16 multiple columns for the power user - access your different accounts with a swipe
- Auto refresh when scrolling three or more columns away
- Full portrait and landscape mode support
- Tinypaste support to send a tweet longer than 140 characters
- Save and retrieve drafts on a per account basis when no signal is available
- Automatically saves to drafts on fail to send
- Change your account profile and background image
- Lists support, View/Add/Edit
- Subscribe to and unsubscribe from lists
- Search by distance from your current location
- Popular tweets with retweet count in Search timeline
- View friends, mentions and direct message timelines.
- View sent direct messages
- View followers, following, recent tweets
- Public timeline support
- Full trends support (recent, today's and this weeks).
- whatthetrend.com description of trending topics
- Full regional trends support
- Upload photos to TwitPic, Mobypicture, Twitrpix
- Touchable (active) links in timelines as you scroll top open web pages, audio files and videos
- Touchable mentions in timelines for "tracking" mentions
- Touchable hashtags in timelines to view hashtag timeline
- Touch on avatar to enlarge
- Tweeted photo preview while scrolling timeline (TwitPic, Mobypicture, Twitrpix, yFrog)
- In app photo viewer - touch on photo in timeline to enlarge
- Email tweets
- Delete your tweets
- Shake iPhone, iPod or iPad for different theme (larger photo and font size)
- Geotag tweets (must be enabled in your Twitter account)
- Tweet map link of current location
- Save avatar, username, full names to iPhone contacts
- Save tweets in notes field in iPhone contacts
- Badges tell the number of new tweets in the friend's, mention's and direct message timelines.
- Autoscroll to last read tweet (configurable)
- Auto refresh (configurable)
- Search box for all timelines to filter results by name and tweet text
- Voice over support
Many more exciting features on their way!
Free or Paid
This app is fully accessible.
The only real issue that I have with it, is that it takes 2 swipes to move through items in the timeline or lists. One of these swipes will have VoiceOver read the item, the next will elicit no response from VoiceOver. A few times it has actually taken 3 swipes. I've not been able to determine why, but it might have something to do with photos being attached to Tweets.
Initially I Didn't like it that the time of a tweet was read by VoiceOver before the tweet itself. The time of a tweet rarely interests me, so it was a little tedious having to listen to it for every single tweet. However, there is an option in the settings to have a shorter version of the date, and this certainly helped. On the subject of settings, the settings for this app are accessed via your iDevice's main settings app, which means that if you are like me you might easily miss it.
The app itself is not quite as fully-featured as some, but it has enough features for the casual Twitter user. One missing feature is support for multiple accounts.
It's a free app, so certainly worth looking at if you need a Twitter app.